Latest post Sun, Feb 11 2018 3:18 AM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 9 2018 9:16 AM

Prevent Avid Folders in My Documents?

Hello,

I installed Avid Media Composer on my Windows 7 PC on the C drive. I want to have all my media and project files on the E drive. When I start working on a project Avid created folders in C:\Users\USERNAME\My Documents and adds OMF files and such which I want to prevent since avid should do this on the e drive only.

How do I acchieve this?

Thanks in advance,

mac

• Sun, Feb 11 2018 2:02 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,364
    • Points 43,425
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Prevent Avid Folders in My Documents?

Hi Mac,

This is the forum for the free MC First product. You want to post questions for MC on the PC to the Media Composer - PC forum (BTW, you're not the first to post MC questions here, and you're not going to be the last Geeked).

As to your question, you need to change the Media Creation settings. You can find these under File->Media->Media Creation Settings. This opens a dialog with a bunch of tabs. Just go through all of the tabs setting where you want the media to go.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Feb 11 2018 3:18 AM In reply to

Re: Prevent Avid Folders in My Documents?

Thread moved to MC -PC forum

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller