Latest post Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:52 PM by Avidguru2018. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 9 2018 3:13 AM

AMA Linked C300 MXF Files Have Flash Frames of Other Clips When Played!

In March of 2017, I had a cinematographer use a Canon C300 to shoot some footage for me for a client. I AMA linked to the MXF file of every clip that was shot, edited my segment, and had no issues.

The client now wants to look at the production masters but when I bring up these AMA linked MXF files, some of them play fine while others play with random flash frames of other clips (either previous or after them) spread out throughout the clip. 

I've tried relinking, re AMA linking them in a different bin via Media Browser in Avid, and updating the Canon MXF AMA plug-in but to no avail. When I check the actual MXF file in the Finder via Canon Utility, it plays correctly.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

Mac Pro (Late 2013), MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, Avid Media Composer 18.1.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:52 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Linked C300 MXF Files Have Flash Frames of Other Clips When Played!

If anyone is wondering, I did find a fix though I'm not sure what the cause was. 

I updated the Canon AMA plug-in to the latest version (December 2017 as of this posting), but that didn't seem to change anything.

The only way to seemingly resolve the issue was to create a new bin and re-AMA import the problematic clips via the Media Browser by physically going into the file structure of the C300 clip and selecting the ACTUAL MXF file to "Link" to. Any other level of the file structure would not have any effect and would still show the flash frame issue in the old clip.

Once I re-imported in a new bin, I would check my original clip and it would be fixed! I used this workflow for all problematic clips, then deleted the new AMA clips and the bin it was in.

Since then, there have been no issues. Here's hoping this doesn't happen again down the line!

Mac Pro (Late 2013), MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, Avid Media Composer 18.1.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller