Latest post Mon, Feb 5 2018 10:08 PM by Mirja. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 4 2018 1:00 PM

• Mirja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 17 2007
    • Berlin
    • Posts 24
    • Points 290

Color Adapter needs rendering - red line

Hi! I've got an issue with the playback of color adapters.

I've been working on a project (DNxHD 185 x) on a Mac Pro (don't know the exact specs, sorry) and MC 8.??.

For playback reasons/screenings I have been rendering the whole timeline (90 Min. movie) at some point.

Now I'm working at my home computer, Macbook Pro, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, MC 8.10 and whenever I trim out "new material", a red line is being displayed on the video clip at that section and during playback the video-color is changing, like the non-rendered material is played back without the colour adaption (sorry for my English, I hope the problem comes across) and the section that has been rendered before plays back with the color adaption.

This problem doesn't occur on the Mac Pro station, so I figured that probably my Macbook has less capacities and can't playback color adapters with DNxHD185x-footage without rendering.

But then I was wondering whether maybe I just have a wrong setting somewhere, that I don't know of.

So if anybody has an idea I'd be very interested.

Thank you in advance!

• Sun, Feb 4 2018 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: Color Adapter needs rendering - red line

Hi,

Are you saying if you trim out material on the work computer you don't get the red line? It just plays the trimmed material without rendering?

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Feb 4 2018 1:20 PM In reply to

• Mirja
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 24
    • Points 290

Yes, exactly. On the work computer no red line is displayed when I trim and I can playback all the material with color adapter just fine.

I forgot to mention that at my home computer (macbook) even the playouts have this color-shift.

It's actually quite annoying, since always having to render everything in order not to have this colour shift is quite time and disc-space consuming ...

• Sun, Feb 4 2018 1:33 PM In reply to

• Mirja
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 24
    • Points 290

When I simply playback/edit with material with a color adapter, like the raw footage, I don't have any problems, also not at my home computer - it's just the material that has been rendered before that is causing this color shift

• Sun, Feb 4 2018 3:10 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,427
    • Points 41,320

I would check to see if you are running the same versions of MC on the two systems.

There was a an issue of LUTs (the software involved in color adapters) looking different in different versions.  I am wondering if you are running into something related to that.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Mon, Feb 5 2018 10:08 PM In reply to

• Mirja
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 24
    • Points 290

That sounds like it could be the explanation.

I'll have to check next time I'm at the editign room of this company.

So far I helped myself out by just deleting all the renderfiles :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller