Latest post Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:53 PM by SteveX86. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 1 2018 6:02 PM

• SteveX86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 3 2018
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Keep ALE Metadata in the .mdb file

So I believe in version 7 and up Avid added the ability to media tool or drag the .mdb file into bin and then import an ALE, and that metadata would match between the bin and Media tool forever or until the .db was deleted.

I know a few site that have a write up on how to do this, but I am currently on version 8.9.246900 - and I was only successfull doing this to one scanned directory. And I dont know how or what I did.

If anyone knows the steps to do this with each of .mdb files that contain "Dailies" please give me a step by step procedure.

Thank you

• Fri, Feb 2 2018 9:57 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 217
    • Points 2,285

Re: Keep ALE Metadata in the .mdb file

I can’t help directly, but search ALE in the blog: 24p.com. Michael Phillips writes really well on ALE merge techniques 

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 5 2018 7:26 AM In reply to

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 6 2018 7:10 PM In reply to

• SteveX86
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

I know Micahel P, he is an amazing resource and followed his 24p BLOG instructions.

But like I said I only had success with one the directories containing MXF files.

I have not been able to repeat the process, so I dont if this is due to a new AVID update or release.

So if someone can do this on Version 8.9.2 and up please give me a walkthrough.

Thanks,

Steve

• Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:53 PM In reply to

• SteveX86
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

This only worked for one directory, I reached out to Michael directly.

Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller