Latest post Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:45 AM by CarterFischer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:31 AM

Activation failed

I anyone else experiencing problems with Avid Activation Server? After installing v8.10, I tried to activate it and received an error message " Activation failed: The activation server could not be reached" Telephone support has been unhelpfull so far. Still waiting for a solution.

OS 10.31.1

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:45 AM In reply to

Re: Activation failed

I'm having problems with the Avid server too.  I'm trying to renew my upgrade plan for PT and it's not able to connect with the server.  Does anyone have any information on what the problem is, and/or when they'll have it taken care of?

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 2:32 PM In reply to

UPDATE... Latter

Looking for support number, entered www.avid.com

"503 Service Unavailable-No server is available to handle this request."

Rang Australian Avid Support Number I had on file 

"Not Connected"

Found a number for Avid Singapore   (overseas call so I skyped them to save my money) 

They told me they could not help and I was told to Ring Australia. They gave me a number, so I rang that number

"Number not connected"

I then searched and found another number for Avid Australia and rang that.. "Please enter system ID before it would be transferred."

So I did.

Someone answered and the first thing they asked me was "May I have your system ID....WTF. I just gave it to your system!!

"It doesn't come up on my system..."

So I gave it to them again

"Can't help at the moment, here is a case number and we'll call you back....."

OK, now to wait!

Much latter.. No phone call, but there was an email which I didn’t see because I wasn’t at the computer..

”It seem we have had a server problem”” 

oh really!

the advise was “Try again” 

Great it worked.. 

What a pain!

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 3:32 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,631
    • Points 17,925
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the inconvenience if you're still stuck please send me an email/pm I will assist. 

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller