Latest post Mon, Jan 8 2018 11:09 PM by Atomike. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:34 PM

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 716
    • Points 10,930

Mark In - Out on Timeline Selects Two Frames

So, I installed 8.10 recently, and I've noticed something odd. If I have my timeline marker in the timeline, and hit the "mark in" button, it places that properly. But when I immediately hit the "mark out" button (O on my keyboard) the out point is marked a frame later than I expect. Two frames are marked, not one. While doing this the blue lines (the major and minor parts) are not moved, but stay in the same place. 

In essence, it's impossible for me to select a single frame on my timeline for deletion.  This is a brand-new behavior as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure what would have caused such a change. Is this a new "feature" that was either intentionally or unintentinoally added to 8.10? Or is my machine acting weird and this is unique to my computer?

Edit - I've discovered this happens in some projects (including new projects) and not in one other.  

Media Composer 18.4 (usually newest release, but not now because of the blue-tint bug). Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:59 PM In reply to

Re: Mark In - Out on Timeline Selects Two Frames

When you magnify the timeline large enough you will see a thin blue line behind the timeline position indicator (thick blue line.) The narrow line indicates one field (or half a frame) in an interlace project.  Your Image shows you have selected 1 frame (2 fields). See the timecode numbers at the start and end of the marked area.

• Mon, Jan 8 2018 11:09 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 716
    • Points 10,930

Re: Mark In - Out on Timeline Selects Two Frames

Looking at my image, it looks like you're correct and the 12:10 is the only frame selected.

I guess I don't work interlaced often enough to have noticed this before.

Thanks for taking time to show this to me.

Media Composer 18.4 (usually newest release, but not now because of the blue-tint bug). Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller