Latest post Sat, Feb 9 2019 3:20 PM by adam5000. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 3 2018 12:56 AM

• Steve Swisz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 3 2018
    • Universal City
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

Timeline Clip Shot List

Need help creating a Shot List of only the media used in timeline. (( MUST STAY IN TIMELINE ORDER ))

Would like to keep as much of the Original ALE metadata as possible.

I know there are some really savy file maker pro users / editors that probably do this all the time.

Thanks Everyone!

PC and MAC Current Version 2019 - 8.9.4.47330 Storage - FACILIS and XSAN [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Jan 3 2018 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: Timeline Clip Shot List

Hi SteveX86,

It would help to know more about the system you're working on.  Which version of Media Composer are you running?  Which specific OS? What processor? What video card? How much RAM? Where is your media stored? 

If you edit your user profile, you can add this information so you don't have to type it all the time.  (Look at the bottom of this post for an example.)

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 4 2019 8:35 PM In reply to

• Steve Swisz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 3 2018
    • Universal City
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

I will but not sure how updating that info would get me any help, so far everything I have posted on here has only been a waste of time.

If you could help in any way with the posts I have made would be great.

Use MAC and PC versions are off by a few but issues we run into are consistent/we try to test and FIX here at NBC Universal.

Current Version / SYSTEM - 8.9.4.47330 / PC - Storage is Facilis

Thanks,

Steve

PC and MAC Current Version 2019 - 8.9.4.47330 Storage - FACILIS and XSAN [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 5 2019 5:15 AM In reply to

Hi Steve,

Steve Swisz:
    I will but not sure how updating that info would get me any help, so far everything I have posted on here has only been a waste of time.

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes, too.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Feb 9 2019 3:20 PM In reply to

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 640
    • Points 8,490

Would a simple EDL give you the info you need?

Just read the line about the metadata, so likely an EDL won’t help.

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller