Latest post Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:30 AM by luca.mg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 2 2018 11:17 AM

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 28 2010
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 23
    • Points 310

MC doen't show USB Soundcard + Micro

Hi,
    the audio punch-in tool does not show my new USB-Soundcard (Rode NT1 + AI-1). As a BOB I use the Matrox MX02, which still works fine. But when I want to enter the voice over via punch-in tool, I can only choose between Matrox and Host-1394. Both do not make sense. No Windows-Mixer or Micro is availiable. If I switch off the power of the Matrox MX02 AND THEN reboot the computer I can choose between Windows-Mixer with the Micro and Host-1394 (I do not have any Host-1394 device). Of cource the Matrox does not work any longer. If I want to take use of the BOB I have to do it the other way round: switch on the power of the BOB AND THEN reboot. Of course than I do not have access to th micro.

Why is it not possible to have the BOB and the micro? What am I doing wrong. My current workflow with switching the power supply on and off and reboot does not make any sense.

Best regards

kd-53

Mobo: Asus Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB Ram, Win 10 Prof 64, GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Ram, BM Intensity Pro 4K, MC 2018.8, BCC11, 2 x 24" monitors, Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 2 2018 10:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,732
    • Points 19,080
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: MC doen't show USB Soundcard + Micro

Hello kd-53,

I opened a case for support to assist you with the issue. 

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 2 2018 11:07 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,443
    • Points 63,780

That's normal behaviour: the Windows mixer is not available with an I/O box connected. No need to turn the device off and reboot though, You can disable the MX02 with the timeline button and the USB mic will be available. Why can't we choose whichever audio device we want when a BOB is connected is a misterious mistery, may the reason be that You have to buy an Avid I/O with a built in mic input? ;-)

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jan 4 2018 6:52 PM In reply to

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 28 2010
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 23
    • Points 310

Hi RalphC,
    thank you for your assistance.

The customercare sent me the following mails:

Hi KD,
    Good day! This is regarding your case on Media Composer. My concern in here is that Matrox is no longer supported on recent versions of Media Composer. The last version it was working fine is on Media Composer 8.4.5 and since then, they haven't release any new drivers. With this, it might be a conflict with your set-up.
    Kind regards

Hello Klaus-Dieter,
    The behavior is as designed. It is not currently possible to sync 2 devices that have different audio drivers. You can either use an I/O or external soundcard, but not both at the same time.
    The Host-1394 is the firewire port on the machine. It's seen by default and it can used if you have a deck connected to it.
    Kind Regards

Hello Klaus-Dieter,
    The same result will be seen on the BMD Intensity Pro 4K as well. You need to disable it, in order to get audio through the external USB audio card, because the Media Composer can only use one audio driver at a time.
    You can of course also disable this from the timeline shortcut, and you don't need to physically remove the device from the machine. (screenshot attached)
    Kind Regards

So they helped me and the case has been closed.

Hello luca.mg,
    also a thank you to you. I did not know that there is a button in the timeline to switch off the BOB (shame on me, I still have to learn a lot).

Best regards
    kd-53

Mobo: Asus Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB Ram, Win 10 Prof 64, GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Ram, BM Intensity Pro 4K, MC 2018.8, BCC11, 2 x 24" monitors, Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:30 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,443
    • Points 63,780

Hi Klaus and sorry for the delay, I'm not getting forum notifications. Glad to hear that You're in control. No need to thank. Unfortunately the MX02 is EOL, it used to get along very well with MC; it's a Matrox decision. Happy editing and happy new year, Luca

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller