Latest post Wed, Dec 27 2017 4:43 PM by IraM. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 26 2017 9:17 PM

• IraM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 26 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

The Installation Failed - Trial Version

I am a colorist and need to learn Avid for finishing so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place to post here on the forum. 

I am encountering a problem during the installation. I downloaded the most recent version of Media Composer as well as 8.6.5 and am having the same problem.

During the installation an error comes up that says, "The Installation Failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I have Gatekeeper off so that isn't the issue. Since I tried to install two different versions I am thinking it is a permissions issue somewhere but I can't find it. I have made sure everything remotely associated with Avid is Read/Write. I will attach the installer log here as well. 

Here are my system specs, 

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

I only have one monitor connected so it wouldn't be a dual monitor issue (Ibelieve I read that in the forum somwhere). 

If anyone has any advice on a fix please do let me know.

Thank you, 

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 3:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,976
    • Points 202,470
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator

Re: The Installation Failed - Trial Version

Its not clear if you have both the Trial and the 8.6.5 loaded.  That wont work as you can only have one version installed.

Also where are you installing too?  Internal drive or the desktop.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 4:43 PM In reply to

• IraM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 26 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: The Installation Failed - Trial Version

Hi Marianna, 

Thank you for the reply. I tried both. I don't have either installed. I can't get through the installation process. And I have completely removed/uninstalled everything Avid related from my system several times. I read a post on here how to uninstall manually and I have done that as well.

I am installing to the Macintosh HD and the installer is opening on my desktop. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller