Latest post Thu, Jan 4 2018 10:22 PM by Telegram!. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 19 2017 5:40 AM

Pan Zoom Imported Stills... Relink?

I had to move the location of a bunch of HiRez stills used inside Pan Zoom effects. Does Relinking a Sequence allow any Pan Zoom effects to re-connect to those stills’ new SorcePath location? 

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 19 2017 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Pan Zoom Imported Stills... Relink?

No you ghave to go into each pan and zoom effect and repoint it to the new source file. Hopefully you will have a guide pictire as the effect doesn't indicate the expected file name or path.

If you get really stuck I know a workaround to locate that information.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Dec 19 2017 2:04 PM In reply to

Thanks Pat, I was afraid of that. It really is kind of shocking that the effect editor does not retain at least the original (now changed) SourcePath.

i was able to get that original info, clip by clip, by running a Sequence Report and examining the resulting Summary Text file... what was your workaround?

(please move this whole thread to PC Forum, if possible, thanks!)

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 19 2017 10:18 PM In reply to

Thread moved to PC.

FWIW Not a solution for your current position but as a big user of P&Z I have always imported all stills at low res into a Pan and Zoom bin. Then make the edits using these proxie res clips and add the P&Z effect.   This allows me to reference the used clip name in the timeline at any time.  Saving a P&Z bin layout with Clip name and Source Filepath makes the Matchframe and Find bin combo a quick data tracking tool. Batch re-importing the Pan and Zoom bin allows me to change the Source path for the proxy images used in the timeline before adding the P&Z effect and linking to the full res graphic.   

The initial import adds a little time at the start but has saved me far more time than this throughout the years of using this workflow.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 12:06 AM In reply to

AndrewAction:

Thread moved to PC.

FWIW Not a solution for your current position but as a big user of P&Z I have always imported all stills at low res into a Pan and Zoom bin. Then make the edits using these proxie res clips and add the P&Z effect.   This allows me to reference the used clip name in the timeline at any time.  Saving a P&Z bin layout with Clip name and Source Filepath makes the Matchframe and Find bin combo a quick data tracking tool. Batch re-importing the Pan and Zoom bin allows me to change the Source path for the proxy images used in the timeline before adding the P&Z effect and linking to the full res graphic.   

The initial import adds a little time at the start but has saved me far more time than this throughout the years of using this workflow.

Thanks for those suggestions, I like ‘em. And gee how I’d like to pick your Pan&Zoon brain, regarding ant tips you may have doing A-B-C camera Moves, getting a decent Ease Out -Ease In with a totally curvy and smooth pivot around the “B” point.

Also, I was thinking you would have an informed opinion on which filter is usually best...

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 12:56 AM In reply to

Telegram!:
    tips you may have doing A-B-C camera Moves
    First thought I would be to make your A-B-C by first making your A to B  correctly timed on the full clip P&Z. Then add a KF 1 frame later. Use Add edit at this point to split the clip. Make the B to C move on the "new" clip. 

I like having a bin with several named Pan and Zoom effects saved in it.  This way I can can set things like View Source or Target, Initial KF IO linear or ease in and ease out, render quality etc and just drag the appropriate saved effect to the next clip.  A draw back is the saved effect opens with the image that it had when it was saved so remember to make the first thing you do is to change to required image.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 1:39 AM In reply to

Very Zen. So in a nutshell, you build complex moves with a series of A/B two KF moves...

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:13 AM In reply to

Yup   Mostly it saves me from trying to outsmart myself. Wink

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 3:41 AM In reply to

I'll try to remember those smart words. 

Now I am afraid to ask: how you deal with stabilizing clips that only shake in the middle... or back-time a Timewarp.

• Thu, Jan 4 2018 8:47 PM In reply to

I need to Crop out a white border that surrounds an image file I want to use Pan Zoom FX on. 

I don’t see any Effect Editor tool to do it (unlike 3DWarp’s Crop). This particular file is Tall & Narrow, so I will use Background Video to achieve sidebars.

What Avid-based method or technique (if any), do you use to include a static or dynamic crop during an Avid Pan Zoom? 

• Thu, Jan 4 2018 9:26 PM In reply to

If you are having the black bars constant then make a black mask with the centre as an alpha channel in Photoshop. Put the mask graphic on the layer above the P&Z.
    I do not use Animatte but you may well be able to create the same mask with Animatte.

For variable bars create full screen black graphic media. Edit this on to 2 layers above the P&Z . Crop one almost to the right side and the other almost to the left side.
    Or edit the black onto the layer above the P&Z and key frame a horizontal centre opening wipe.

• Thu, Jan 4 2018 10:22 PM In reply to

Thanks Andrew.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller