Latest post Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:20 PM by AndrewAction. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 24 2017 12:47 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,072
    • Points 22,280

Re: New Blue Titler

Total agreement on NBTP clunkie at best maddning most of the time I have resorted to Photo shop for static graphix and afterfx for motion.

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sun, Dec 24 2017 3:30 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

I just don't understand the negative reaction to TP. I guess I'm lucky that it works for me? I provided a link to a simple title roll tutorial earlier in this thread. I'm thinking of creating another tutorial that decomposes and examines one of the built-in lower thirds to explore how the presets are created from a combination of basic elements and effects. Once you get past a relatively shallow learning curve you will find that it is a very capable titling solution. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 8.10 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.5.2 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sun, Dec 24 2017 6:24 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 558
    • Points 6,290

very good job steve.

thanks for the tutorial.

mc 2018.1 with symphony - QT essential 7.7.9 - win 10 pro64 creators - nVidia gtx1080 OC (388.31) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 7:07 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 487
    • Points 6,195

Truthfully I don't understand the problem with using NB myself especially if you can use after effects which is a much harder program to learn, even on titling. Theres always Boris Red. 

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 7:36 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 748
    • Points 9,270

BarkinMadd:
    I just don't understand the negative reaction to TP.

*It's slow - uses only 1 core when rendering.  And if it is a static title - why?!
    *It's buggy - titles that alter when you change a different title on the timeline (and yes, have followed NB's advise on how to set up templates
    **It's buggy - yes, duplicate point but wow, it really is buggy.  Finish doing titles for the day, come back the next day and play the timeline and some renders now flash forcing you to re-render them, only, wait, doing that then sometimes causes other titles that previously rendered correctly to now flash.
    ******Did I mention it's buggy? - characters that show on preview vanish on render.  Go back in and edit the title and there they are, all sweet, but render it again and bam, gone again... wow, how many times have we seen this one!
    *Complete lack of meaningful documentation to explain what all the software and icons do.  And sometimes, documented icons aren't even visible?  See note on "buggy"
    NOTE - this is on 3 consecutive systems, rebuilt and updated on clean unstalls and all this still happens. NB do try and help and sometimes we find a fix - like the title file was corrupted somehow - that file was then used as a base to build subsequent files and so they were also corrupted.  The fix - start again on all titles... oh dear...

Man this app drives us crazy - all we want is a simple titler, no animations needed (we'll go to AE if needed) that works in the timeline.  It's 2017 folks, is a titler built into Avid, made by Avid, supported by Avid, too much to ask for - I would have though that this would have been nailed as something as basic as performing a cut or dissolve.  I have bought the upgrade to the latest NB and will install to see if bugginess improves or performance.  For not much cost it isn't a huge risk and our attitude is that the next version can't be any more buggy then the one we are on so, nothing to lose...  And we wait for the Avid Titler... and wait, and wait...

urrrrrr - I miss Marquee....

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 9:28 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,162
    • Points 60,665

It's cumbersome and difficult to learn/use. No need to make things this complicate for quick and dirty simple crawl, roll, and lower thirds, might be convenient fo complex 3D animated titles, but that's another task, better handled by other software.

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 6:49 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

touviere7:

very good job steve.

thanks for the tutorial.

Thanks for the feedback!

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 8.10 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.5.2 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 6:49 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

touviere7:

very good job steve.

thanks for the tutorial.

Thanks for the feedback!

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 7:02 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

carlgmi:

BarkinMadd:
    I just don't understand the negative reaction to TP.

**It's buggy - yes, duplicate point but wow, it really is buggy.  ....

urrrrrr - I miss Marquee....

Lol - what version are you running?

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:20 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 748
    • Points 9,270

All of them since 2!  We are 1 version back from current, fully patched and about to update :/

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:45 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

I must say that I don't use the template feature all that often so I can't speak for how a template will trample other instances on the same timeline. I found TP 5 to be a considerable improvement over previous versions and the latest TP 6 seems to be pretty good but I have noticed that between the caching in MC's Media Cache settings and TP there is definitely a problem and I usually disable MC's caching when designing a title.

Also - I haven't noticed a rendered title becoming unrendered but again - that may be because I don't rely on holding rendered clips in my workflow.

I really hope that NewBlueFX takes notice of user's complaints and figures out a way to clean-up the interface for the casual user.

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:33 PM In reply to

• rodpaul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,185

It says a lot that I too miss Marquee... which I often thought was designed by a sadist.

Dell T3600T 12 Cores 3.5 ghz Intel 32GRAM K4200 Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:36 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,508
    • Points 58,925

rodpaul:

It says a lot that I too miss Marquee... which I often thought was designed by a sadist.

I was thinking the same thing. Marquee was awful to work with and yet some folks romance its memory ;-)

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sat, Dec 30 2017 5:17 PM In reply to

BarkinMadd:
    Marquee was awful to work with and yet some folks romance its memory

Some aspects of Marquee were convoluted but other tasks were quick and easy.    Take the best of Marquee and the traditional Title Tool and incorporate both into a new built-in titling effect within MC...and most of us will be a lot happier.   In the meantime, I create my lower 3rds in Photoshop, import into MC, and manipulate with the effects editor.

MC 8.6.1 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:20 PM In reply to

BarkinMadd:
    Marquee was awful to work with
    IMO only true if you needed to regularly use it's advanced functionality.
    When it for fast simple titling and 2D animated text (type on etc) it was and is still is a pleasure here.  I predominately dropped my TT usage and used Marquee for these requirements soon after Avid brought it.

Now I also find myself using Fusions Titling using the Edit Connect effect in rather than NB.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller