Latest post Wed, Dec 13 2017 8:17 PM by Bruno M. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 12 2017 10:32 PM

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 498
    • Points 6,300

Confused about renewal options

I need to renew my subscriptions by the end of the year but I'm finding the plan options somewhat confusing.

I have two dongles with the Symphony option, (which are described as 'crossgrade from Symphony') and when I click on the plan options it has two options...

1) Media Composer software with Symphony option - GBP 320/yr

2) Media Composer Software - GBP 240/yr.

The first option is ticked by default, which is the one I would expect I would want, but why the difference in price? I thought the symphony option is a one-time purchase (which I've had for many years), but this is suggesting that I'm paying an extra GBP 80 to get the years support with Symphony rather than MC alone.

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 4:39 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,564
    • Points 17,105
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Confused about renewal options

Hello Bruno M,

Checking this with Marianna.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 6:22 PM In reply to

Bruno,

You need option #2.

Option #1 is for people who do NOT yet own the Symphony option. They can now get it for 99 USD.

If you, as a Symphony owner, would buy option #1, you would end up with one extra Sympony option (which you have no use for, as both your dongles already contain that option).

P.S.: check out the regular support renewal at Videoguys.com. It's 285 USD in stead of 299 USD (and dollar's pretty low), plus they now have a 5% off end-of-year coupon code promo, so that's probably the cheapest deal you can get.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 6:51 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,564
    • Points 17,105
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Spot on Job Yes

I had a quick check with support he confirmed you can renew your media composer with the $299.
    Since you already have symphony, therefore you don't need "another" symphony.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 8:17 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 498
    • Points 6,300

Thank you guys for clearing that up.

Ralph - might I suggest that the plan options on the products page be changed for users with Symphony, so that it only ever shows the correct plan. As you rightly say, you would never need more than one Symphony option per licence, so no one would ever need to select this plan. Luckily I spotted it before I put it into my shopping basket, but other customers may not spot this - especially since this option was ticked & highlighted in green.

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller