Latest post Mon, Dec 11 2017 3:17 PM by Telegram!. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 11 2017 8:41 AM

Slip Highlighted Clips

Let’s say you are creating a montage of 9 video clips, and you are still in the creative zone, meaning you pretty much have decided on which images, but now the exact sequence from 1 thru 9 is still up for grabs. I’d love to have a tool that would make it easier/faster to swap clips around: e.g., swap 3 with 6, 1 with 8, or simply Slip entire Clips, rather than just frames from the top and tail clips of a continuous run of clips.

This could be a fun, very non-linear tool, great to demo, and in my opinion, just as useful as moving clips up and down vertically on the timeline.

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 11 2017 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Slip Highlighted Clips

How would this differ from yellow arrow segment mode?

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Dec 11 2017 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: Slip Highlighted Clips

camoscato:

How would this differ from yellow arrow segment mode?

Good question, Carl. I see this FR as an extension or evolution of the non-linear tools Avid created decades ago.

I would describe it as the difference between MAKING the required yellow splice segment moves step by step,

vs. having the intended dual choice MADE FOR YOU, without changing position of clips in-between, which *I think* is unavoidable if the later clip is longer than the early clip.

Indeed, I imagine that with the power of  2017 computers, MC can calculate/offer EVERY possible iteration of a re-working of any number of highlighted clips, and  present All choices, including ones that are a combo of what would normally require a Replace and Tops/Tails to keep other clips from moving relative to, say an audio track.

And as long as the initial cluster of clips exists, those possible variations would remain available, way past what  the usual UNDO tool provides.

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller