Latest post Fri, Dec 8 2017 2:50 AM by Telegram!. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 7 2017 10:01 AM

• Leckerwurstbrot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 6 2017
    • Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

Toggle through Source Monitor Menu

I think it would really speed up editing if it was possible to toggle trough all the material in the source monitor menu. This way I coud just load all the sequences and clips I will need in the source monitor and have them ready. This would also eliminate the need to touch the mouse everytime I hit matchframe just to get back to my selects sequence. 

A perfectly logical command chain could be: Z/Y (to go to composer window), ESC (to get to source monitor), Shift+Up / Shift + Down (to toggle through clips and sequences inside the source monitor).

Another alternative would be to make some kind of context sensitive behaviour of other keys simillar to the way the Trim Left/Right 1/10 Frames behave in the composer and timeline window.

Thoughts?

Mac Pro 10.12.6, 2 x 2,66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K4000 3071 MB [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Dec 8 2017 2:50 AM In reply to

Re: Toggle through Source Monitor Menu

Leckerwurstbrot:

I think it would really speed up editing if it was possible to toggle trough all the material in the source monitor menu. 

Agreed. In large projects with file-based sources, Editing from Source Sequences, many of them, is routine. As is a separate Bin, with associated clips and their associated Source Sequence... 1 bin per source be it a chip, card, or whatever. Find Bin after a Match frame from the Composer Timeline is great, but it would be wonderful if there was some way to one-click from the Tineline back to a Match frame on the originating Source Sequence, already loaded in the Source Monitor.

So my thoughts are: yes it is a great idea. I would like to SEE whatever COLOR is associated with the items in the Source Monitor (and Conposer Monutor) especially if I am toggling through a queue of similarly named sequences.

Leckerwurstbrot:

This way I coud just load all the sequences and clips I will need in the source monitor and have them ready. This would also eliminate the need to touch the mouse everytime I hit matchframe just to get back to my selects sequence. 

Thoughts?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller