Latest post Tue, Dec 5 2017 9:02 PM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 5 2017 2:30 PM

• shoedog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 5 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Can I 'batch' lower the levels of music tracks in the bins

Before I can use any music track that I import, I need to lower it my 12 - 15 db. If I import loads of tracks, I need to laboriously load each track and lower it on the audio mixer. Is there a method to lasso them all and 'batch' lower them in one go?

21 years of slogging through the music bins is taking it's toll!

Thanks

• Tue, Dec 5 2017 8:57 PM In reply to

Re: Can I 'batch' lower the levels of music tracks in the bins

Yes. Click on the bin with your music clips to make it active, then CTRL+a (or whatever the Mac equivalent is if you're on a Mac) to select all the clips in the bin. Right-click and select Apply Gain from the menu that pops up. Type in however much you'd like to lower the clips, and then click OK. That's it.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Dec 5 2017 9:02 PM In reply to

Re: Can I 'batch' lower the levels of music tracks in the bins

What Carl said. "Apply Gain" lives in the Clip->Audio submenu.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller