Latest post Tue, Dec 5 2017 12:06 PM by CeeBee. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:47 PM

Memory maxing

Hi

So i had some earlier problems and I have isolated and here is our current issue.

We had AVID MC with symphony 8.9.1 and when you open a project regardless of the user or format or ANY settings it suddenly spikes memory usage to 96%. We have another machine in the next room that is exactly the same and it never goes over 30%. Any idea what can cause this? We are desperate!

Thanks!

HP z840, with dual E5-2634 v4 Xeon processors at 2.2ghz (10 cores each). 32GB ram. NVIDIA m4000 video card. EVO SAN with 96tb and raid 5 over Cat6. Artist... [view my complete system specs]

I think we need a few more digital HD formats

• Tue, Dec 5 2017 12:27 AM In reply to

Re: Memory maxing

I will seriously pay you $100 if you can help me.

HP z840, with dual E5-2634 v4 Xeon processors at 2.2ghz (10 cores each). 32GB ram. NVIDIA m4000 video card. EVO SAN with 96tb and raid 5 over Cat6. Artist... [view my complete system specs]

I think we need a few more digital HD formats

• Tue, Dec 5 2017 9:14 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 374
    • Points 4,615

It does sound like something is eating up your resources. Have you tried looking within Task Manager at the individual processes that are related to MC?

You should see quite a few that are related to Avid. Some are to do with the background transcode services or Application Manager.  I disabled both of these from my start-ups as I don't really need them in my day-to-day work, and I've heard stories of Application Manager going crazy, creating large database files and continually accessing the internet.

If you do find a process that's really eating up your memory you could try killing it from Task Manager. The worst that will happen is that Windows will complain or your software may freeze-up, but it's possible that you might find you regain some of your memory and MC works better. If you do manage to isolate the offending process, you'll need to try and find out what software requires it, why it's using so much memory and whether you can live without it.

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 5 2017 12:06 PM In reply to

• CeeBee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 5 2016
    • Posts 10
    • Points 110

Hi,

do you try to change the memory allocation for the Video Chache?

It`s under Media Cache in the Settings Bin.

Best C.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller