Latest post Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:28 PM by Corkey. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:28 PM

• Corkey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 7 2015
    • Posts 18
    • Points 195

Idea [I] Spanned Markers mapped to Timecode Burn-In please?

The Timecode Burn-In effect has many options – except one: the ability to burn in spanned markers.

In the feature and television world, one of our key needs is burning in information on our outputs. We're frequently asked to send cuts that require we label shots for outside visual effects vendors, for example. We also burn in ADR and sound effects notes.

At present, any informational burns are handled via the title tool or Subcap effect. Yet these methods are time-consuming and add clumsy extra layers. They also require manual alterations if the cut changes – which it often does, as the reality of our world is all about working with cuts that are in-porgress.

I've wished we could do the above via spanned markers, and use the info in these markers for burns. With spanned markers, if the timeline changes, the markers change with it. And if alterations to the markers are required, it's a lot less clumsy. you might sayt it's a way of almost "automating" markers, and centralizing all key burn-in data with the markers/spanned markers window.

We already rely on markers heavily in features and TV drama – so enhancing the capability of spanned markers in the way I outline above would be a natural progression to this feature, let alone a huge help.

Retina MacBookPro 15" 16GB (mid-2012); iMac 27" 4.0 quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo to 4.2, 32GB, (late 2015). [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller