Latest post Tue, Oct 9 2018 2:25 PM by Christian Jhonson. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 2 2017 8:18 PM

• Monter
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 2 2017
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

NewBlueFX Prime - can I use it with MCF?

What is it, and what is it for? Why can't use it with MCF? MCF doesn't see it.

MBP 6,1 i7 2,8Ghz, 8GB, Maverics 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:38 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,787
    • Points 212,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: NewBlueFX Prime - can I use it with MCF?

NewBlue is a titler that comes with the big brother MC.  If you want to use it you need to either buy it in the marketplace or upgrade to the full MC

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:46 PM In reply to

• Monter
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 2 2017
    • Posts 14
    • Points 160

I mean NewBlueFX Prime. I found a download link and key in My Account/My Products below MCF.

I installed it but MCF doesn't see it.

MBP 6,1 i7 2,8Ghz, 8GB, Maverics 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:46 AM In reply to

Good question - what is it and why is it there if we can't use it? I, too, tried!

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:41 AM In reply to

Mystery of faith! Hmm

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:44 PM In reply to

Look - right here on my product page! Must be related to MCF, surely?

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,787
    • Points 212,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Roger et al

So for MC First users, the plug-ins available for download are found in the master account page. There are links for the product that you click and follow typical download prompts. Once installed, available plug-ins should be seen in the App Manager where they can turn them on and off.

this is  full license and No expiration or purchase necessary.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:43 PM In reply to

No. Not in App Man or in MCF Effect Palette. Do we need to log in to a NewBlue Account?

• Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:32 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,121
    • Points 22,775

New Blue has its own app manager open it and it will authorize your system

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Jan 16 2018 9:38 AM In reply to

Thanks - I finally found that and I do have a NewBlue account. It tells me that Prime is running as a trial and I could choose to buy it. I could also disable it. I could also enter a serial number which I don't have, as I have not bought it! There appears to be no way to activate it as a trial, however, and I can't see it in the Media Composer Effect Palette. Might be helpful if the product page in our Avid accounts flags this as a trial ... and if it actually worked as a trial!

And before you ask, I did try 'Activate for all users'!

• Wed, Jan 17 2018 5:35 PM In reply to

Hi Roger,

You should find your Prime serial number listed in your Avid Master Account.  I'm going to run through the process of installing/activating Prime (with an MC First license) so we can post step-by-step instructions.

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:42 PM In reply to

Nope. No sign. Where would he number appear? Would I be sent one for a trial after installation?

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:52 PM In reply to

Also I have looked everywhere in the Avid Master Account but I have not found any serial number

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 3:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,787
    • Points 212,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

The New Blue Prime does need a serial #. it is inyour My Avid

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 3:15 PM In reply to

Maybe it's my fault because I'm not very good with English.

First you have written that there is a link to activate the plug-ins that you will find in the App Manager, then that there are the serials in the Avid Master Account and now that there is no serial.

Do not take it out of malice but maybe you need to agree.

The only thing certain is that once installed they are displayed in Premiere (as a trial) while in Media Composer First are not displayed at all.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller