Latest post Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:39 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 2 2017 6:40 AM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 15 2012
    • Boise, Idaho
    • Posts 167
    • Points 2,100

Dell Precision 3510 keeps crashing for six months now

Hello, 

Sorry to double post but I am working (or trying to) on a Mac and a PC.  I have had an ongoing issue with my Dell crashing whenever it uses MC.  I just tried four time to do some simple  audio edits for a student play next week and it crashed everytime.  I have had an awful experience with tech support.  I paid a renewal last year at this time for the educator license with support and have no had a single successful use out of MC.  I am not an experienced editor and do it very infrequently but I cannot seem to get my MC to keep from crashing.  To give a better illustration of my frustration here is the email chain.

Recently you requested assistance from Avid Customer Care. 
    Below is our response and a summary of your request. 

To update this case, reply to this email leaving the subject line as it is and enter your response at the top of the email. 

If there is no response, we will check in with you in 5 days. 

If you have an Avid support contract you may use the following link to log in and view, create and manage your cases (does not apply to Avid Support Code (ASC) Per Incident cases): 
    http://csportal.avid.com

Current Response: 

Entered on: 11/29/2017 3:31 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

I'm sorry for the late update. Please understand that our IT Team is still working on fixing your account. 

On the other hand, I'll do my best to give you a discount on your renewal for the next year to compensate for all the inconveniences. I'll let you know once everything's all set on your account. Below is a 2-month temporary license you may use in the mean time. 

System ID: 
    Activation ID: 

Rest assured that I'll let you know the soonest your account gets fixed and regarding the discount for your renewal for the next year. Thank you for your kind understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Carmina
    Avid Web Store Support

Previous Responses:

Entered on: 11/1/2017 5:20 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John,

I'm really sorry I'm not able to provide you an update. I tried to call you at 310.497.1000 but I just reached your voice mailbox. Please be advised that we do not have a direct phone number in our department and we can only do call backs.

On the other hand, please understand that our IT Team is still working on this but rest assured that we're constantly making a follow up about this to have this resolved. Since you've mentioned that you can't use your software yet, here's a 30-day temporary license so you can carry on with your projects. 

System ID: 
    Activation ID: 

I will let you know once I got an update for your account. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 10/26/2017 10:06 AM  Entered by: Customer ( Integration)

What is the current status.  I need to use my MC and cannot get to it.  When will this issue finallly be resolved.  Can I get a phone number to speak to someone?
    John Rowe

Entered on: 9/7/2017 4:29 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John,

This is just to inform you that we're still working on fixing the issue in your account. We're sorry if this is taking some time but we'll let you know as soon as this gets fixed.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Sincerely, 

Carmina,
    Avid Webstore Support

Entered on: 8/30/2017 7:55 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

We really apologize if this is taking some time but our IT Team is still working on the bug issue. 

I will let you know as soon as I get an update for your case. Please bear with us. 

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. 

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 8/16/2017 4:58 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience and if this is taking so long to be fixed. 

However, please use the 30-day temporary license below for you to be able to use the latest version of Media Composer while we're still fixing your account. Rest assured that I'll let you know once this has been fixed.

System ID: 
    Activation ID: 

Please stay tuned for my update. Your patience and kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 8/15/2017 8:37 AM  Entered by: Customer ( Integration)

So I just tried to install the latest update and was asked to deactivate which I did.  Went to reactivate and it said expired.  Really getting upset at how long this is taking.  It is unacceptable.
    John Rowe

Entered on: 8/8/2017 4:09 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

I'm really sorry that I was just able to provide you an update as of now. 

Please understand that our IT Team is still working on the this issue and they still need to investigate your account. We're truly sorry that this is taking so long to be fixed because our IT Team is also swamped with a lot of workload. However, I already informed them to include this in the priority task so we can keep the investigation moving to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

Rest assured that I will not close this case until your account is fixed and I'll let you know right away once I get an update from them. Thank you so much for your patience and kind understanding.

Sincerely,

Carmina
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 7/7/2017 7:18 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

We really apologize if this is taking some time but our IT Team is still working on the bug issue. 

I will let you know as soon as I get an update for your case. Please bear with us. 

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. 

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 6/28/2017 6:49 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John, 

I already raised the issue on your account to our IT Team and I'm still waiting for their feedback. Rest assured that I'll let you know once I hear from them.

On the other hand, have you received my email yesterday and have you got the Avid Support Code I provided so you can get technical assistance? 

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 6/28/2017 3:51 PM  Entered by: Customer ( Integration)

Hi German,Just checking in to see what the status is.Thanks.
    John Rowe

Entered on: 6/27/2017 3:29 PM  Entered by: Carmina Carrillo

Hi John,

My name is Carmina, from the Web Store Support, and I'll be taking over your case. 

Upon checking, there was a system issue in your account that affected your System ID for Media Composer when you bought a renewal for your Standard Support Plan and I need to coordinate this with our IT Team to have it fixed. 

On the other hand, while we're fixing this, below is a courtesy support you may use for now so you can call our Technical Support Team for further assistance. 

Avid Support Code: 

Rest assured that I will keep this case open and will keep you posted once we have an update from the IT Team. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards, 

Carmina, 
    Avid Web Store Support

Entered on: 6/27/2017 1:31 PM  Entered by: German Estrella

Hi John,

Thanks for calling AVID. We will keep you posted on this case once we have an update or anything that we have researched about it. We will keep you posted and of course, covered for this.

Best,

German
    AVID Video Registration

Case Description:

Description of Issue: Renewal of License generated a new license w/o system ID
    Product Version:  n/a
    Other relevant products & versions: none
    Specific Error(s): n/a
    Actions that prompt error(s): n/a
    Is this a new issue or was it introduced with an upgrade or new install? new issue
    What logs have been provided?: none

Avid MC8.5.1 iMac 27-inch, Late 2012 Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C2037) ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 2 2017 7:49 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,060
    • Points 22,170

Re: Dell Precision 3510 keeps crashing for six months now

Ping Marianna she can help navagate through the licenseing issue

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Dell Precision 3510 keeps crashing for six months now

John,

If you need me to intervene.... email me.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller