Latest post Sun, Dec 3 2017 9:47 PM by AndrewAction. 16 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 3 2017 6:50 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Export - Bad Quality

Avidator:
    I've tried with other 4 songs (mp3) and same result.

Is it only songs that cause trouble? If so, try lowering the gain when you import them. Songs generally come in very hot. (I'm grasping at straws.)

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Dec 3 2017 9:47 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Export - Bad Quality

I downloaded the QT of the music. The QT Inspector showed it as having a sample rate of 46,xxx hz. What is the sample rate for the original MP3's?
    I set a project to 48K and Imported (my preference is not to use Link for audio) the file as a multitrack (stereo) Clip. In my timeline the clip plays stereo peaking at 0db and sounds good.
    I exported this Audio only using the Audio Preset with Stereo and wav set.  Export sounds good.
    I imported the export and edited it back on a second stereo track in the timeline (same IO's as the original tracks IO)
    Playing this new import track only shows it to be exact copy of original in levels and sound.
    Monitoring both stereo tracks simultaneously still sounded good and now with an an appropriate gain in output level (peaking) See attached image.

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller