Latest post Sun, Dec 3 2017 9:47 PM by AndrewAction. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 1 2017 1:36 PM

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2017
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Audio Export - Bad Quality

Hi,

it's days now and i can't figure it out. When playing back my sequence with music audio in timeline audio is fantastic. After exporting my sequence audio is always of bad quality. Export Setting is QT h264and at first i tryied with AAC compression than without any sort of compression (didn't select audio in otions) but same result. I've tried with the two mono channel and then with one stereo channel and same result.

Anyone can help me or have an idea why this is happening?

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Export - Bad Quality

Which specific version of Media Composer are you using? What are your system specifications? When you say "bad quality" what do you mean?

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:30 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

I'm using 8.4.5 on a Mac.

When listening in the timeline, audio is good like original file. Exporting, is like if sound is lower and the low frequencies are almost gone

Here file .mov with just audio

http://jmp.sh/v/VyOZheLjuTVNfeLXkXzT

(AMA linked, audio set multichannel audio)

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 2:38 PM In reply to

Avidator:
    I'm using 8.4.5 on a Mac.

You've posted this in the PC forum. I'll move it over to the Mac forum.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:23 PM In reply to

Could the two tracks being monoing up and distorting?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:42 PM In reply to

The track seems, as you say, fine in stereo, however as the piano in the recording has a lot of out of phase elements, it reduces the level of the piano if you mono the track.

Perhaps, as Pat says, something in the export chain is summing the tracks, this would cause the change in balance and would certainly add some distortion as both channels peak at "0".

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona 3. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 14GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 1 2017 11:17 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

So what should i do? Why the piano in timeline sounds perfect and than came out distorted? 

When exporting i select qt reference and only audio, in preference i don't flag audio setting so it should came out without compression i suppose?!

anything wrong here?

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 11:18 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Pat Horridge:

Could the two tracks being monoing up and distorting?

How could this be possible?

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 8:58 AM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

The file i AMA linked is an mp3. I realized every audio file i import have the same behaviour.

Checking the console it says: MSMRescan() took: 0.171837s

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Warning: 1 audio clips required Audio SampleRate Conversion.

Please convert these files to avoid underruns and improve audio quality.

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 9:05 AM In reply to

Can you post a screen shot of your timeline? It might help if we could see the sequence.

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 9:16 AM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

i've just tried duplicating sequence and leave just audio file. The audio original file is 44100Hz so i set project format at same Hz and now console says: 

Audio Mixdown will require 42893396 bytes. AudioSamplesInSequence= 10723349, SequenceLength= 5830, DestinationBytesPerSample= 2, numOutputChannels= 2. 41888 KB needed.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Duplicate definition entry (not added)

Plugin definition registration failed

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 9:47 AM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

i think the problem is the mp3 file that avid doesn't like. Thanks for helping anyway

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 7:39 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,106
    • Points 22,650

Have you tried to do a audio mixdown and if as you say no L/F then that could be a phase issue I always do mix downs befor encoding 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sun, Dec 3 2017 4:37 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Avidator:
    I think the problem is the mp3 file that avid doesn't like.

You may be on to something about the mp3. I downloaded the audio and this happened:

1. I heard the volume you spoke of while it played in the MC timeline. Also there was a glitch @ 1:51

2. The (wave file) exported from MC had much lower volume

3. When exported as the other option (not aiff but somethinge else. Not on that computer with MC 8.8.0 at the moment) there was silence.

4. When sending the original file out as an aaf there was an problem trying to import it into Davinci 12.5.6.

5. The wave file that was exported from MC (low volume) imported into Davinci as a mono file.

6. I did not boot into the OS that has all the music/audio apps to manipulate the file

• Sun, Dec 3 2017 6:35 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Tiger_XP:

Avidator:
    I think the problem is the mp3 file that avid doesn't like.

You may be on to something about the mp3. I downloaded the audio and this happened:

1. I heard the volume you spoke of while it played in the MC timeline. Also there was a glitch @ 1:51

2. The (wave file) exported from MC had much lower volume

3. When exported as the other option (not aiff but somethinge else. Not on that computer with MC 8.8.0 at the moment) there was silence.

4. When sending the original file out as an aaf there was an problem trying to import it into Davinci 12.5.6.

5. The wave file that was exported from MC (low volume) imported into Davinci as a mono file.

6. I did not boot into the OS that has all the music/audio apps to manipulate the file

So you say the mp3 it's the problem? I've tried with other 4 songs (mp3) and same result.

Tom Pearson:

Have you tried to do a audio mixdown and if as you say no L/F then that could be a phase issue I always do mix downs befor encoding 

Yes, i've tried but same result. What you mean with no L/F

When you do a mixdown you send new audio in a new track right, and what you do with the tracks you have mixed down that remain in timeline?

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller