Latest post Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:27 AM by davidlazar. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 29 2017 6:31 PM

• davidlazar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 29 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Creating new clips from the timeline

Dear Community,

This might be a bit confusing at first, but please bear with me. I have received footage that was filmed upside down using a Ronin with a Sony FS5 and so I flipped the footage 180 degrees once I edited it onto my timeline. To save processing power, I want to save these clips back into my bins but with the effect applied to it and then drop it back onto my timeline as I won't need to go back to having the footage upside down. 

I remember doing something similar on the Avid Class but I can't remember how it was done and I can't find it in my Avid books. 

Thank you for the help ahead of time. 

• Wed, Nov 29 2017 6:59 PM In reply to

Re: Creating new clips from the timeline

Dear Community,

This might be a bit confusing at first, but please bear with me. I have received footage that was filmed upside down using a Ronin with a Sony FS5 and so I flipped the footage 180 degrees once I edited it onto my timeline. To save processing power, I want to save these clips back into my bins but with the effect applied to it and then drop it back onto my timeline as I won't need to go back to having the footage upside down. 

I remember doing something similar on the Avid Class but I can't remember how it was done and I can't find it in my Avid books. 

Thank you for the help ahead of time. 

---------------------------------------------------

I just realized that you are using Avid FIRST... not at all sure you have the features below:

Did you FLIP 180 using FrameFlex ? I believe that might be best quality, but ask around. To Export from Timeline, one option is OP1A which might be simpatico with your Sony format. Others might say Transcode the FrameFlexed masterclip. I'm curious what the tech-gurus say....

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:27 AM In reply to

• davidlazar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 29 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Creating new clips from the timeline

Hmmm. yeah = )  only moving around in Avid, really. used 3d warp to turn around the clips. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller