Latest post Sat, Dec 30 2017 1:47 AM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 28 2017 1:02 AM

• dhab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 28 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Archiving Projects

Are there current recommended methods for archiving projects when tape is not an option?

Thanks!

(MC 8.9.2; OS 10.13.1)

• Tue, Nov 28 2017 10:55 AM In reply to

Re: Archiving Projects

For tapeless workflows I ensure all my source assetts, logs scripts notes, audio files, everyhting lives in a sensible folder structure. Including the current version of the Project and previous backup versions (and of course they are also replicated elsewhere)

When done I do a SAS exeprt of the main timeline and SAS exports of any key elements I may want to use that weren't included in the main timeline or that I need clean versions of. All that lives in the main job folder.

I then do a few low res H264 copies and thats it job done.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Dec 30 2017 12:54 AM In reply to

• dhab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 28 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Okay.  Thanks for the info.

• Sat, Dec 30 2017 1:47 AM In reply to

I believe in taking additinal steps after Pat's suggestion.

Copy the everything Pat has suggested to 1 or 2 extenal drives and keep them in different locations. Using Thunderbolt or USB3 drives lets you easily spin the drive up on a regular basis.

Look at this forum thread for a way to backup all Avid media associated with individual projects. Using this software you can have it copy all the media related to your project in your Avid MediaFiles to the backup hard drives Avid MediaFiles>MXF>number folders. This would allow you plug in a backup drive at some future date, open the project and instantly have all the current media online. FWIW I have found this incredibly useful over the years. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller