Latest post Thu, Nov 16 2017 5:52 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 15 2017 9:53 PM

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 728
    • Points 11,085

Price Hike for Media Composer?

When I go to the store, and click "Renew/Upgrade Now", and then "Renew Now" and "Proceed to Checkout", the price is $400, rather than the $300 I would expect (I'm pretty sure that's what it was last year). It's $295 on VideoGuys, which matches what I expected.  Did the price of the Media Composer update with Symphony go up by 33% in one year, or is there something unclear or misleading on the purchase site?  I already own the Symphony option, and the Avid website knows this already.  Since, you know, I bought it from that very site.

Any clarification would help. I've seen nothing about a price hike, and yet I don't see any way to purchase the renewal in any different manner than I have been trying to do.

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Wed, Nov 15 2017 10:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,160
    • Points 217,415
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Price Hike for Media Composer?

Mike

the renewal is still $299 for the support with upgrades and an added $99 for Symphony option for those that dont have it yet. If you have Symphony already, then you just upgrade the MC part for $299.  

Do you have a URL you could send me or better yet the My Avid and the SID.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 16 2017 4:28 PM In reply to

• videoguy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Plainview, NY
    • Posts 481
    • Points 6,680

I believe Avid si selling a bundle of the MC Support and $99 Symphony licence together.

We are selling them ala cat. $285 for the support renewal and then you can add Symphony for $99 to your cart.

https://www.videoguys.com/shop/allbrands/brands-ab/avid/media-composer-software.html

Gary

Media Composer 3.5 ASUS P6X58D-E w/ Intel i7 980 Hex-core, 24GB RAM, PNY Quadro4000, Win7, SATA Boot drive, G-Speed eS for video [view my complete system specs]

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 http://www.videoguys.com We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts

• Thu, Nov 16 2017 5:52 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,160
    • Points 217,415
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

PLus you can get 5% off using the videoguys.com discount code at the top of thier page :)

I send a lot of peeps your way gary!

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller