Latest post Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:05 PM by mikela. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 14 2017 2:07 PM

• mikela
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 123
    • Points 1,395

Record monitor plays back previously used sequence?

I'm seeing a strange bug here on 8.8.5 on both Mac and PC. And I've spoken to a couple of editors who've seen the issue at other facilities. Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldnt get any proper search results.

Issue: Editor loads sequence "RED" and does some work. Then the editor loads sequence "BLUE" into the record monitor and sees sequence "BLUE" on the timeline, and in the record monitor when playhead is parked, but when they play, sequence "RED" starts playing back in the record monitor. They've cleared the monitor, and reloaded sequences without fixing the problem. A full program restart of Avid has been required. Is ther ea topic on this bug out there already?

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 3:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,657
    • Points 112,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Record monitor plays back previously used sequence?

Hey Mike...

I did a search and didnt see this in our database...  So I created a case ( 03331482 ) and asked the tech team to reproduce it. 

They will email you and need the exact OS for both Mac and PC you were using plus the record monitor type.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:05 PM In reply to

• mikela
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 123
    • Points 1,395

Re: Record monitor plays back previously used sequence?

Great - emailing with customer care now.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller