Latest post Thu, Nov 16 2017 5:13 AM by Steve Rogalinski. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 10 2017 5:44 AM

Using User Settings on multiple systems

I am a little confused how importing your user settings works.  I work on quite a few systems and want my user settings to travel with me from room to room.   Please tell me if what I am doing is correct:
    • Store my User Settings on a drive accessible from all systems. 
    • Choose Import Settings on Log-in and access my settings
    • Once I've done that on a system, I don't do it again.
    • From what I can tell, when you do that, Media Composer  creates a subfolder in your User Settings folder on your local drive with that information.  That subfolder is updated when I make a change to my Settings.
    • When I make a change to a setting at any station, those changes follow me to another room without having to re-save those settings to the common drive.

Is this correct?  Does Media Composer look at the settings directly in my local drive, or only at the folder within it?  If I am wrong about this, is there some way I can do this without having to save and reimport settings every time?

My manager says I should never import my settings.  I should copy and paste.  I don't want to have to do that every time I make a change to my setttings and change systems.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Thu, Nov 16 2017 5:13 AM In reply to

Re: Using User Settings on multiple systems

Anyone out there able to help me with this?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller