Latest post Tue, Nov 14 2017 5:41 PM by frlu. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 6 2017 11:43 PM

• frlu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 6 2017
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

App manager stuck on initializing

Downloaded Composer first and cant get it to run. It says i need to login to application manager. When I start app manager it just says "initializing" and nothing more happens.

I have updated the app manager, then unistalled everything an downloaded it again, but with the same result. Im running it on mac osx 10.12.6

I have to say I am a bit dissapointed. Nowhere on the avid homepage does it say you have to run app manager, or even what it is. It just shows a lot of happy pople saying how easy composer first is. This is the "beginner" version, the "first" version people new to avid and video editing are suppost to use. Now I have created like 3 different accounts just to be able to write this post.

I have tried some different editing softwere to find out what to use at home. With Premiere and DaVinci resolve I just downloaded and started, but not with avid.

• Tue, Nov 7 2017 2:54 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,263
    • Points 13,715
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: App manager stuck on initializing

Hi frlu,

First thing I would check is your firewall settings, be sure that it's not blocking this program.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 7 2017 6:04 PM In reply to

• frlu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Nope, dont think thats it. I have allowed all avid programs acces, composer first, app manager, iLook (whatever that is). Also tried turning the firewall off, but nothing changed.

• Wed, Nov 8 2017 3:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,657
    • Points 112,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi

Can we get a glimpse into your system specificiations please?  OS, Computer, what exactly you already have installed.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 9 2017 1:36 AM In reply to

• tommix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • Posts 159
    • Points 2,085

Same thing with OS X but not Win 10

• Sat, Nov 11 2017 6:11 PM In reply to

• frlu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Mac Book Pro with Sierra 10.12.6. 2,8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Sure it´s a bit on the weak side, but the program should at least start ...right?

I tried a 30 day trial of composer a while back, and that worked. I´m looking to upgrade the computer in the future, but right now i´m just seeking what editing program I want to use.

• Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,657
    • Points 112,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Frlu

The dual core i5 stink for performance especially since the editing application MC | First is derived from the big brother MC.  Not only that but you have a larger OS now with Sierra 10.12.x taking up performance.    The 30 day trial you may have used a while back was a earlier verion such as 8.x and had less functionality.

Did you check the specifications for MC | First hardware ....   

Does it give you any clue when starting up where it is stopping?  Do you have to force quit?  Does it crash and if so are there any crash logs created?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 5:41 PM In reply to

• frlu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

MC First doesn't start up at all. It just says "log in required", and App Manager is stuck on "initializing"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller