Latest post Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:10 PM by luca.mg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:15 AM

Statistics Folder

I'm sure someone has already asked for this, but a short search hasn't turned anything up...

I'm a self-employed editor who works on long-term projects and I often forget to make notes about the amount of time I spend on a project. That's where the "Statistics" folder in Media Composer has often helped me jog my memory and bill my clients correctly. It's proof as well that the Media Composer was, at the least, idling when I claimed it was.

But...

The statistics folder only stores 24 (TWENTY FOUR!!!!) files at any one time. It records each time the Media Composer is turned on and each time it crashes and is restarted. So the 24 files can thus document just a couple of days of work.

So please...

Allow the folder to keep hundreds of files (999? 1024? whatever number programmers like). 

It would help me enormously.

Thank you!

Rodney

Edit 1: MC 8.9.2 + Symphony + PhraseFind • MacPro 6x3.5GHz/64GB OS10.10.5 • Artist Mix & Color • Aja Io 4K • Edit 2: MC 8.9.2 • MacPro 2x2.66GHz/48GB... [view my complete system specs]

Rodney Sewell BFS

• Mon, Nov 6 2017 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Statistics Folder

Hey its great soembody actually uses it. For nearly 20years I've been teaching people to just delete it as un needed and unhelpful.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Nov 25 2017 1:42 PM In reply to

Every editor uses Avid differently. But is yours the only reaction to my post, Pat?

Edit 1: MC 8.9.2 + Symphony + PhraseFind • MacPro 6x3.5GHz/64GB OS10.10.5 • Artist Mix & Color • Aja Io 4K • Edit 2: MC 8.9.2 • MacPro 2x2.66GHz/48GB... [view my complete system specs]

Rodney Sewell BFS

• Sat, Nov 25 2017 3:42 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,233
    • Points 39,235

I thought it would be useful at first.  Then I realized that it really only lets me know how long MC was running.  That could be hours of time that I was doing something else not even related to the project.

In fact what I have come to use is the date created and date modified (with times) of sequences as a way to jog my memory as to how much time I actually spent editing.  Even that is just a rough reminder.  I am just bad at keeping notes.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:10 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,341
    • Points 62,670

I'm a fan of the MC generated statistics, very useful for billing purposes, even if there's no proof that the Avid has been running on a given project while the editor was in fact at a party. I often have to inspect the bins and the Media Tool for clips and sequences creation date and check file creation and last saved dates on the project folder files. The statistics give You a good approximation of the time spent on a project anyway. If only the files were written in a more human readable form...

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller