Latest post Fri, Nov 3 2017 7:55 AM by knejmann. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 30 2017 1:10 PM

ConvertToAAF() not implemented for this component type

Hi,

I get this error checking in a master sequence, and have traced it back to a couple of clips in used in the sequence. MXF on storage seems fine, no discernable difference between these two masterclips transcoded from P2 to XDCAM and the rest of the material from the same card. These clips were checked into Interplay the first time by an ingest account, but are the only 2 that won't checkin from the sequence they are used in by the editor. It's not a rights issue, but something to do with the type of file (according to the error).

Should also mention, I can find the assets as references, but the original master clips are not in any bin.

I tried dropping the master to a new sequence, and sequence repair in console - but only mixdown or transcode of the clips seems to get the sequence into Interplay.

There is no AMA here either - so why does the ConvertToAAF() function not work for this component type? as ref only clips seem to link up fine in AAF everywhere else.

• Tue, Oct 31 2017 10:54 AM In reply to

Re: ConvertToAAF() not implemented for this component type

It seems that the ConvertToAAF function is buggy or just a bit touchy, and is not really keen on those two masterclips at all.

It would be nice to know what sends it sulking into a corner? any ideas what might set if off?

Anyone?

• Fri, Nov 3 2017 7:55 AM In reply to

• knejmann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Århus, Denmark
    • Posts 157
    • Points 1,680

Re: ConvertToAAF() not implemented for this component type

Hi Phil,

I've seen that error too - but didn't have time to investigate.

Could it be that there is an effect on those two clips in the sequence?

Do the two master clips show up in the bin if "Show reference clips" is enabled in "Set Bin Display"? Can the master clips be checked in individually?

Media Composer 8.2.6 (some with Symphony option) - Windows 7 - HP Z420/Z820 (Nitris DX), Lenovo W540 etc. - Interplay and ISIS7000+NEXIS storage - Avid... [view my complete system specs]

Kåre Nejmann

Danish Broadcasting Corporation - DR
    Aarhus, Denmark 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller