Latest post Fri, Sep 22 2017 7:30 PM by Southpaw23. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 22 2017 5:07 PM

Feature Request (or am I missing something).

Everyone can play a grouped clip in the source window in quad split, right?  You play the clip and watch the (up to) 4 synced clips play simultaneously.     Now, what if I put the video from the grouped clip in V1 of a sequence, then played that SEQUENCE in the source window.  Now I can only see the quad split effect when the sequence is stopped, not while it's playing.  My goal is to basically be able to group my video tracks, but keep my audio tracks seperate and not part of the group, thus the hybrid sequence.

Is there any feature or workaround that I missing that might allow the latter scenario to be viewed in quad split while playing? Is anyone else able to do this with their current system?

Thank you for your thoughts. 

Avid MC 8.6.5

• Fri, Sep 22 2017 5:15 PM In reply to

• DJFio[DB]
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 3 2005
    • Moscow Russia
    • Posts 221
    • Points 2,955

Re: Feature Request (or am I missing something).

No. its not possible to play sequence in source monitor in multicam split mode. And more - when you switch the camera - it modifies sequence at the source side.

MBPro_late_2013 15'' i7 16GBram OSX 10.12.4 MC 8.9.0 AJA io XT , EXT thunderbolt NvidiaGPU 980ti; Baselight plug-in; MacPro2010 SSD, 2x4core, 32GBram... [view my complete system specs]

DJFio[DB]

• Fri, Sep 22 2017 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: Feature Request (or am I missing something).

Thanks for your reply.  I guess I'm stuck with my current workaround.  In a 2 camera setup, just putting camera b in a Picture in Picture over camera A in a sequence, thus skipping the group method entirely. Not a perfect solution, but at least that will show me both layers simultaneously.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller