Latest post Wed, Oct 18 2017 6:37 PM by C-King. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 14 2017 10:31 AM

Phrase Find - control what gets indexed

Is there a way to limit phrasefind to only index certain bins?

I have a 100 hours of rushes that I want indexing. But I have 1000 hours of SFX that is pointless to be indexed.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:23 PM In reply to

Re: Phrase Find - control what gets indexed

Wouild love to have that.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 14 2017 9:50 PM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,645

Or even sequences. God knows why we have to suggest such a thing. Come on Avid, isn't this obvious?

• Mon, Sep 25 2017 9:19 AM In reply to

I think it should have a manual mode where ndexing is off by default.

Then when you need to use it. Select a bin or folder with all your rushes and activate the indexing process for just that part of your project.

PhraseFind should also have options to ignore Master clips or Group cips and just take me to the sync clips that I'm interested in. As it currently works it gives me multiple finds on the same audio in each of it's locations in all it's clip types.

Finally, and this is a biggie to make it usefull - We should be able to audition all the found clips from the find window just like we can audition takes in script sync. Or as another option we should be able to select multiple clips in find and then build a sequence from them

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 18 2017 6:37 PM In reply to

• C-King
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 6 2016
    • Posts 28
    • Points 440

Yes to all the suggestions in this thread about more granular control over the indexing!

Further, if I have phrasefind and scriptsync, it should be easier to sync the footage with the scripts (in my case, working on a doc, interview transcripts.) It seems like I shouldn't have to tell Scriptsync which clips match with which parts of the transcript if I have phrasefind and it has already indexed the interview. Shouldn't it be able to match the script and clips up automatically with the indexes, if I just tell it which clips are relevant?, rather than marking all the ins and outs?

C-King

MC 8.9.1 on 8-Core trashcan Mac Pro, 32GB RAM, 10.11.6, G-RAID Studio XL TB2 RAID MC 8.9.1 on tbMPB15, 16GB, 10.12.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller