Latest post Fri, Sep 15 2017 8:13 PM by Martin in Chicago. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 12 2017 5:34 PM

Bezier Handles

This has bothered me so long, I've probably posed this question before, didn't like the answer and wiped it from my memory.

Bezier Curves: I most often use these to ease out a move, sometimes for Pan & Zoom, sometimes for a text roll, sometimes for moving an object across the screen, sometimes for other things. Spline is often not a suitable choice because I typically want the action to start at a linear speed and ease to a stop and then, possibly hold. So, the questions. Is there a keyboard modifier that allows me to lock the handle drag to a horizontal movement and is there a way to snap a handle exactly to a keyframe? I guess really what I'm asking is, are there any useful techniques for manipulating bezier handles?

I think I have reasonably decent motor skills with a mouse, but I find it infinitely challenging to, for example, pull both handles all the way to the keyframe so as to create a linear start. Or to drag the handle exactly to the X axis to create a fixed position. 

If anyone is interested in answering, but isn't fully following my question, I'd be happy to try and figure out some frame grabs to illustrate.

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 15 2017 8:13 PM In reply to

Re: Bezier Handles

Really? Nobody? Was the question phrased badly?

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller