Latest post Wed, Sep 13 2017 3:05 PM by Martin in Chicago. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 11 2017 11:11 PM

PhotoShop Roll

Is there a way, using FrameFlex or some other approach to Import a very tall PSD file and use it as a credit roll without having to sacrifice resolution?

Martin

(by far the shortest question I've ever posted)

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 11 2017 11:40 PM In reply to

Re: PhotoShop Roll

Use MC's (or BCC, Red etc) Pan & Zoom effect.   (possibly the shortest answer I've posted)

• Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:21 AM In reply to

In my effort to stay brief, I forgot to mention I want an alpha channel so the scroll can appear over something else. And I don't want to use title tool because I want some kerning flexibilty.

And I'd like eggs in my beer,

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:30 AM In reply to

Do you have AvidFX or Boris Red 5.52.  They both do Rolls with transparency inside MC.  They have Kerning flexibility.

I

Martin in Chicago:
    I'd like eggs in my beer,
    do not drink beer ... but egg + fruit smoothies....Wink

• Tue, Sep 12 2017 5:08 PM In reply to

I do have Boris Red. I guess it's time I learned it. Thanks Andrew.

Martin

• Tue, Sep 12 2017 6:57 PM In reply to

Another thought.  Create the roll with the existing image in Photoshop. You can animate a move between a start and finish point over a predetermined number of frames. Then export the animation as a series of sequential stills. Import into MC with alpha channel turned and sequential images turned on.   I have not used Photoshop to do this  for years so with luck it is even better now.

For learning Red I am pretty sure Douglas has a tutorial for a credit Roll.  Or Boris TV possibly shows  it during one of their long demos about using Red.

• Wed, Sep 13 2017 3:05 PM In reply to

Thanks. For some reason I'm not getting notices of these replies. I'm assuming you mean Douglas from Gajin Eyes? I'll check it out.

Thanks again,

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller