Latest post Mon, Sep 11 2017 1:33 PM by David Yardley. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 9 2017 12:11 AM

• v2mdp1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 9 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Pixel to Video Mapping Issue

Running Avid 8.8.1.  Have a project that needs updating that was created with my 6.5 version prior to upgrading last year. It's a computer animation with a full white background.  Upon importing the updated clip, the whites are at 601, or a bit grey. Need them to be RGB.  I remember going through this before, but my import settings window no longer has this option has the 601 to RGB option.  I've searched online and there seems to be a new "Pixel to Video Mapping" option, but that is not showing either in the import window.  I also tried to play with the "Source Settings" options by right mouse clicking on the source clip.  But that got me no where.  I know there was some major changes in going from 6.5 to 8.8 (pulled my hair out to find how to link AMA clips the "new" way), so does anyone know if there was a change, and if not what might be wrong?  Have gone into other past projects and rebooted with same results.  Thanks.

• Sun, Sep 10 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: Pixel to Video Mapping Issue

If you import than its an iport setting. The name has changed now.

Under the import settings its under the image tab and called colour levels and you want the do not modify option.

If you AMA link then you can use source settings to ensure its correct (and if it's not then change it) AMA is dynamic and import is locked at the point of import.

However if you used import originally you don;t have much choice but to re-import (unless you AMA link and over cut)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Sep 11 2017 1:33 PM In reply to

Re: Pixel to Video Mapping Issue

v2mdp1:
    I know there was some major changes in going from 6.5 to 8.8 (pulled my hair out to find how to link AMA clips the "new" way), so does anyone know if there was a change, and if not what might be wrong?  Have gone into other past projects and rebooted with same results.  Thanks.

Is the footage ProRes 444?

In which case there has been a change in the way MC interprets the levels.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona 3. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 14GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller