Latest post Mon, Sep 11 2017 7:01 AM by jimjams. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 8:33 AM

• jimjams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 67
    • Points 745

converting frame rates

hello.

Is there any other way to convert frame rates without using AVid fluid motion?

If I want to skip frames, for instance, do I need to use another software?

It seems odd that I am forced to use the fluid motion, which looks awful, most of the time.  Frame skipping isnt all that much better, but atleast Im not re-rendering the source file's original frames.

thanks

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 5:00 PM In reply to

Re: converting frame rates

If you bring source fiels into an Avid project with framerates that don;t match the projects frame rate MC automatically adds a motion adapter and thats not fluid motion unless you specifically promote it.

The normal motion adapter has parameters you can tweak but its basically blending. Skiiping or repeating frames isn't an option and good job too. I hate it and as a QC bod I fail it.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Sep 11 2017 7:01 AM In reply to

• jimjams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 67
    • Points 745

Re: converting frame rates

I hate both to be frank, but I dont think one option is satifactory.  It really depends on the type of shot as to whether blending or skipping frames looks better.  

But I didnt think there was another way with Avid, but thought best to ask around and double check. I have a job right now that are insistant upon shooting in 3 different frame rates [:'(] and I dont want to be re-rendering files continuously.

For now, I will continue to use Baselight as a way to frame skip on the shots we feel blending is not appropriate.  I only asked because our Baselights are very busy and was hoping for an alternative.

I appreciate the response... thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller