Latest post Mon, Sep 11 2017 5:51 PM by James@Seamless. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:41 PM

Quick way to centre a stereo clip in 5.1.

I'm working in a 5.1 sequence and I have some stereo clips on stereo tracks that I need to give a centre pan.

I'm looking for a quick way to acurately pan both left and right channels to centre.

Currently I have to go to the mixer, click on the 5.1 pan control for that track to open up the large pan window. Click on the left and right channels above the centre point individually.

Is there a quicker way to this?

Also when I exit the large pan window my mixer does not remember it's original size and I have to drag the window out again. Bug?

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:41 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Posts 23
    • Points 285

Re: Quick way to centre a stereo clip in 5.1.

Couldn't "set pan in/out" help you? (Centre first clip, mark in/out, then set pan) Or are there too many clips in between that you don't want to centre?

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 8:49 PM In reply to

James@Seamless:

Currently I have to go to the mixer, click on the 5.1 pan control for that track to open up the large pan window. Click on the left and right channels above the centre point individually.

Is there a quicker way to this?

First, you can click on the two icons between the L and R panner, and it will mirror-gang, so you can just drag them center.

The quicker way, I think, would be to drag them onto a separate track in your timeline and choose set pan in/out, or even split to mono and center pan them that way.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 11 2017 5:51 PM In reply to

They are both good suggestions but not as quick and easy as I think it should be.

There should be an addition to the right click menu in the mixer where any clip can be quickly set to centre pan.

Or a maybe to the right click when in segment mode.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller