Latest post Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:54 PM by Philo Calhoun. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 6 2017 11:33 PM

Media Indexer

With the latest Avid Media Composer update,  I now get a message starting Media Composer that says "You don't have access to MediaIndexer. Do you want to continue in disconnected client mode".

I have never used Interplay. I now get the option to login to Interplay, which I haven't had before. I don't know if this bug came with the Media Composer or Application manager update, but it is annoying. I don't see a solution on the forums.

I tried uninstalling (with Avid uninstall program) and reinstalling MC, and the error continues.

What is this about and how can I fix this? Avid tech support excludes support for this issue, as I discovered when I tried to create a support case for this.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3, OSX 10.11.5, Macbook Pro (2011) 500 GB SSI drive with 8 TB Thunderbolt Raid drive, 8 GB memory. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 7 2017 1:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,497
    • Points 110,945
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Indexer

It sounds like the Interplay components were installed as Media Composer is trying to connect to the Interplay Indexer. 

Go to the Applications folder Avid_Uninstallers and uninstall Interplay. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Sep 7 2017 5:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't work.

There are uninstallers for Media composer and Application manager. Perhaps you meant deleting Application manager, as it is notoriously buggy and probably installed the Interplay files (since all installations of media composer and Application manager have been handled by Application manager directly. I have not downloaded the files separately from avid.com except to see if uninstalling and reinstalling MC worked, which it didn't). Is there a way to get support for this bug in the installer, since I have been unable to submit a ticket when signed on to the avid site? (there is no option for this, and no way to override the default ticket options).

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3, OSX 10.11.5, Macbook Pro (2011) 500 GB SSI drive with 8 TB Thunderbolt Raid drive, 8 GB memory. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 1:13 AM In reply to

I hate paying both for a buggy program and then for tech support for something that is a problem in a software update on Avid's side. Is it possible that the error message has to do with one of the Avid addins - symphony, script synch, or phrase find? Would deleting and reinstalling both MC and Application Manager help (MC uninstall and reinstall did not work), or is this a bug in the most recent MC update?

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 1:46 AM In reply to

This exact issue just popped up on one of our machines. No interplay software has been installed but it is attempting to connect to MediaIndexer services and gives the option to login to interplay. Complete uninstall and reinstall of all Avid related software did not resolve the issue. Very puzzling.

Running MC 8.9.1 on Mac OS 10.12.6

-EB

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:18 AM In reply to

Creating a new Mac OS user account and launching Media Composer from that account allows Media Composer to load normally without trying to connect to MediaIndexer services. Trying to identify what preference or setting in the user profile that is causing the issue has not been successful so far.

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:11 AM In reply to

• RobertoSF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 7 2013
    • Mountain View, CA USA
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

This is problem for me as well. MC 8.9.1 can not launch and I need to edit. This didn't happen until I bought the Symphony special offer.

Can this be escalated??

Marianne, bless her heart, is dealing with a hurricane. Can someone else help in support??

MC 6.5.2 MacBookPro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR, 500GB SSD, OSX 10.8.2, 2 Thunderbolt Cinema Displays, 1 Thunderbolt 6TB RAID-Pegasus, using AMA... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 9:30 AM In reply to

Refer to this thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/180411.aspx

In short - continue in "Disconnected Client Mode," then open the Console and enter the command WorkgroupOverride On - should work.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 8.9.1 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:54 PM In reply to

Thank you. That worked!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller