Latest post Tue, Sep 5 2017 4:58 PM by mile81. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 5 2017 1:39 PM

• mile81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 19 2014
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

How to use captured video from one computer to another

Hello everyone,

I've hit a small wall on the final stages of a project I'm working on.

I captured six new clips onto my external hard drive. However, this was done on my old macbook pro, which has fire wire and is the easiest method at the moment. I'm currently using a mac mini for this project, which doesn't have the same type of firewire. Both computers have the same Media Composer 7.

So, on the macbook pro, i captured 6 new clips, saved them in the bin. Closed MC. Connected HD to mac mini. Open MC. However, the 6 new clips cannot be seen in the same bin.

Note: The current sequence I'm working on in my mac mini, is not the one used on the macbook pro. The sequence used in macbook pro is much older. This could be the problem, I just don't know how to open the current sequence on the other computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope I explained this clearly.

Regards

MacBook Pro (Early 2008 model) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:36 PM In reply to

Re: How to use captured video from one computer to another

Sounds like you are copying the bin across which has the metadata related to the clips but not that actual AvidMedia files.

You need to actually move the media or consolidate it to a portable drive and then copy that on the mac mini.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Sep 5 2017 4:58 PM In reply to

• mile81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 19 2014
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

Re: How to use captured video from one computer to another

Thanks for the info Pat,

You joggled some past tricks.

I guess because it was a while since I last opened up MC in the old macbook, that the newest sequence didn't open up for some reason, but rather, the last one I used on it. What I ended up doing was connecting the external HD I use for my project and the backup external HD to the old mac. Copied the latest project files from the regular HD to the backup HD. Opened MC through the backup HD. New sequence was there. Closed it. Tried it woth the regular HD. And now the newest sequene was visible. I just ended up recapturing the six clips for simplicity on my part.

On reconnect with the mac mini, the clips are visible.

I honestly don't know if this is the professional way of doing it, but it works for me.

Thanks again : )

MacBook Pro (Early 2008 model) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller