Latest post Tue, Sep 5 2017 9:32 PM by Mr Carnelian. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 5 2017 5:58 AM

AMA Import to DNxHD Help

Hi all

I am trying to figure out how to do something and wondering if anyone can help.

I have access to H264 files about 24 hours before I have access to the same files in Avid ready MXF format. I'd like to start cutting with the H264 files and then have them automatically be replaced by the MXF files that arrive 24 hours later.

Any ideas..? Is this possible..?

Any help much appreciated..!

Thanks

• Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:38 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Import to DNxHD Help

Are the Avid MXF files created by AMA linking the H264 files? If so then yes it should be possible.

Simple to do a short test.

You won;t be able to link the master clips but you can link the sequence you have created from the H264 files to the MXF media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Sep 5 2017 3:28 PM In reply to

If you link to the h264 files and the DNxHD files have the same name/length, you can just replace the link to the new files.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Sep 5 2017 9:30 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:

Are the Avid MXF files created by AMA linking the H264 files? If so then yes it should be possible.

Simple to do a short test.

You won;t be able to link the master clips but you can link the sequence you have created from the H264 files to the MXF media.

Hi Pat

No - the MXF files are not created by linking the H264 files.

The h264 files are created from camera on set and then sent to a cloud solution.

I'm downloading the H264 files and then cutting them into a sequence. They are .mov files and have timecode.

The high-res camera files are then going to DIT and being transcoded from RAW to DNxHD. I'm then getting those DNxHD files the following day. These files are being created by Resolve or Scratch and the names don't match.

I'm doing a test now and the original files are called:

A001C001.mov

A002C001.mov

A002C002.mov

The resulting OP1A files coming from Scratch are called;

V1-0001_A002C002.mxf

V1-0002_A001C001.mxf

V1-0003_A002C001.mxf

Avid doesn't seem to recognise these and wants to quarantine them so I don't think they'll be usable.

The same source files created as Atom files result in;

V1-0001_A002C002_A01.mxf

V1-0001_A002C002_A02.mxf

V1-0001_A002C002.mxf

etc - so, each single source file creates three .mxf files. I can drag these into HD/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 and then drag the ,mdb file into a bin to import.

But, there is no correlation between the source file and the .mxf.

Any ideas on how I can make this process work..?

Thank you..!

• Tue, Sep 5 2017 9:32 PM In reply to

Hi Kevin

I can't make the DNxHD files have the same name as Scratch and Resolve both create 3 x files as per my reply to Pat above.

Hmm.. perplexing.

Any ideas most appreciated..!

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller