Latest post Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:46 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 1 2017 3:49 PM

iLok Not Working - What does it disable?

Somehow, iLok is broken on my system due to a corruption of the .NET Framework on my PC. We have a USB dongle, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I cannot install iLok to update or fix the problem and now I get a warning: "Unable to initialize audio effect and mixing system. Continue with limited audio capability?"

Does anyone know exactly what it disables? I know the AudioSuite is no longer active, but what "mixing" is it talking about? I cannot find documentation online or in the forum.

Avid Support has already helped me with this yesterday and the root of the issue is a deeper Windows problem that our IT department will have to address. For now, I just want to know what I cannot use in Media Composer.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 1 2017 7:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 111,015
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: iLok Not Working - What does it disable?

Marc 

I touched base with Marc our Audio guy and he said that Audiosuite, Audio track effects, and surround mixing are inaccessible. You are limited to stereo audio mixing and panning, or direct out.  You can still use the real-time EQ.

He said he is  fairly sure you also lose automation gain, as that's normally implemented in the AMPI mixer.  You still have clip gain.  There are no limitations on video or data tracks. Also, audio mixing is not tested in this mode, so something weird could happen if you tried. Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 1 2017 7:42 PM In reply to

Marianna, this is great information! I could not find it documented anywhere. This is very helpful to know. -- It appears I will be without iLok for at least a month and under a tight deadline...so I wanted to know what I was in for.

:) Marc

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 1 2017 7:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 111,015
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Marc

I will tell Jeff you said thanks !  The poor guy is on vacation and still answering my questions....  so peeps engineering does know whats going on :)

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 13 2017 3:12 AM In reply to

Marianna,

I was able to install iLok and I'm up and running full again.

Thanks,

Marc

• Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 111,015
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Great news..... and I survived Hurricaine Irma!

Here's to 2 items of good news!!!

Thanks Marc

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller