Latest post Wed, Aug 30 2017 6:50 PM by mono. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 29 2017 10:06 AM

• mono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 20 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

tape ID / tape name columns in bins

I tried to check tape ID / tape names on clips rendered in Resolve with MC First. I wasn't able to choose these two columns - because they don't show up in the list to choose from. Am I missing anything here? Or is it not possible to show them?

Thanks a lot!

• Wed, Aug 30 2017 4:58 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,265
    • Points 13,725
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: tape ID / tape name columns in bins

mono:

I tried to check tape ID / tape names on clips rendered in Resolve with MC First. I wasn't able to choose these two columns - because they don't show up in the list to choose from. Am I missing anything here? Or is it not possible to show them?

Thanks a lot!

Hi mono,

This is MC|First limitation.You can see the complete listing of Bin Column
    Heading on page 79 of the MC|First User's Guide.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 30 2017 6:50 PM In reply to

• mono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 20 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Re: tape ID / tape name columns in bins

Hi Ralph,

thanks for pointing me to the right section. Thats really a bummer since I encourage every assistant editor

and Avid starter to really keep an eye on tc and tapename / tapeID to ensure proper setup of workflow regarding

conform later on in the process. If you screw it up at the beginning its a huge hazzle in the end which could easily be avoided

by just keeping an eye on these to columns. Therefore I don't get that

limitation in a Software version which is aimed at these folks. Thats really a bad move I'd say.

There are tons of ways to limit the capabilites of a free version -> Davinci Resolve solved this really smart.

But thats just my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller