Latest post Sat, Aug 12 2017 10:01 AM by Marty McLean. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 9 2017 10:00 PM

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 168
    • Points 2,300

App Manager needs streamlined Activate/Deactivate of many products at once

I routinely switch between desktop and laptop, and think the Activate/Deactivate process should be "one-click" to activate or deactivate many products at once. For example, a column of check boxes to determine which features should be enabled/disabled, and then one master button to actually communicate with the licensing server.

As things are now, deactivating Media Composer deactivates EVERYTHING else, yet I know I some of these features will not be needed on my laptop. (Sorenson Squeeze, for example). Then, reactivating requires 5 or 6 separate clicks to re-activate all the options.

Also, why can't Symphony be activated/deactivated independently of Media Composer? If I'm sending an edit to a different system that does not have Symphony, turning it off completely would ensure I don't accidentally use that feature set.

Self-built -- Always current MC version with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard and Core i7-6850K, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 12 2017 10:01 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 40
    • Points 400

Re: App Manager needs streamlined Activate/Deactivate of many products at once

I agree!! Honestly though, what Application Manager needs is to be rebuilt from the ground up, or better yet, killed completely.

It's nice Avid gave it a new coat of paint, but it's pointless if it doesn't run any better or simple features are missing.

2014 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.13.6 | Avid 2018.5 with PhraseFind + ScriptSync | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | 2GB GT 750M [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller