Latest post Sun, Jul 30 2017 10:31 AM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 29 2017 4:55 PM

• jankyy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 27 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

MC 8.6.5 can't link to Sony XDCAM

Hi,

I'm in a field production with a new notebook (HP zBook 17G3) with MC 8.6.5 running. We get footage from a Sony PDW-800 camera as XDCAM HD (4:2:2, 50Mbit/s) on a Sony Professional Disc, MXF container. Disc reader is PDW-U2 on USB3.

Now when inserting the disc, a new bin should populate with the XDCAM mxf clips, right? (it does so on my Macbook, MC 8.4). Here, it doesn't.

When trying to link manually it lists the Audio and Video .mxf's as seperate clips, but in the column 'Plug-In' says 'can't be linked'. And it can't.

I just installed the latest nablet plug-ins (4.5.0.1252). No old Sony plug-ins as far as I know.

The same Disc can be AMA linked on a NC11 with no problems. Any ideas??? Thank you in advance -

jankyy

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Jul 29 2017 4:57 PM In reply to

• jankyy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Re: MC 8.6.5 can't link to Sony XDCAM

forgot: we're on Windows 7.

• Sat, Jul 29 2017 9:16 PM In reply to

I had no problems with XDCAM and 8.6.5. It may have still been with the Sony AMA Plug-in. I have had no problems with XDCAM with any version of MC (On W7 Pro 64or W10) since Nablet took over suppling the plug in.  The latest Nablet plug-in says it is happy with W7 64.

Have you gone into Settings/ Link/Volume Mounting and checked "Enable Legacy XDCAM Import (disables linked XDCAM)"

• Sun, Jul 30 2017 8:15 AM In reply to

• jankyy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the quick reply! Indeed it wasn't a plug-in issue.

UPDATING THE FIRMWARE OF THE SONY XDCAM - DISC DRIVE PDW-U2 SOLVED IT

funny bug, though, since the drive displayed the folder structure of the disc correctly, but somehow didn't trigger this particular version of MC so it would link to the .mxf files or read them correctly...

--- SOLVED ---

• Sun, Jul 30 2017 10:31 AM In reply to

Good to hear you fixed it, and thanks for letting everyone know what the solution was.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller