Latest post Mon, Aug 21 2017 1:28 AM by TVJohn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:55 PM

Media Composer First

Hi Avid Community Sorry to everyone ! this is my first message in this community  And also sorry for my poor English, my mother tongue is French, so I will do my best!!!! I’m sorry to disturb, but I have some questions I was familiar to work with Avid Xpress Pro and using it a few years on Windows. So when finished a movie, I exported this with QuickTime. Then used Canopus Procoder to Convert it, and finally burn it on DVD with the help of Ulead Workshop 2. Unfortunately this two programs only work on Windows !!! I may say that the results where good, could be seen on  television without shame… Now using Media Composer First, some friend (french television cameramen ) say me that I not more need those two programs ! Is it true ?? And if,  how can I burn it on DVD, did you know a good software working on Mac ? And not to expensive ! (I’m now retired with small salary ) All the best, hope to read you soon. Is there also the same Community in French ???? Robert QuickTime : Video Format  720x576 Size to Fit R.G.B ODD 4.3  Non Square Canopus Procoder:  DVD (MPEG2) Video Standard PAL Stream Type mPEG2 Program Stream CBR/VBR Type 2 Pass VBR
  • Tue, Aug 1 2017 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer First

With MC first you can export as a quicktime file with Avid Dnx codec or you can upload to social media direct. To make a DVD you would still need another application to make the MEG file and create the disc.

You can't make a DVD direct from MC first. Also be aware the MC First only outputs Progressive content, not interlaced.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Aug 2 2017 4:17 PM In reply to

Hello Pat,

Has you know my mother tongue is french... sorry about this. I will do my best.

First of all, thanks, many many thanks that you will answer my stupid questions.

And unfortunetly it is not finished if you agree ?

I have two more questions, when I open MC First (already several times to learn...) now I never see again one

message that apears before PROJECT PROPERTIES      BEFORE CONTINUING THE PROJECT MUST ESTABLISH

A RASTER AND EDIT RATE .......    I dind't change nothing for the moment because I was afraid to do some

mistakes. 

Second question: when I have create some Project, like TEST 1, and go to the Project Window where the Bin

is created TEST 1 and I go to SETTING thumb - GENERAL-CURRENT  to change it  NTSC in PAL, I cannot find the way to change it !!!   For your info, I have severals DV cassettes that I have filmed with my camera Sony VX2000E all

in DV. 

If you have some time, thanks if you can help me, otherwise just tell me

All the best

Robert

• Mon, Aug 21 2017 1:28 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,275
    • Points 52,940

Also suggest you review this special section for MC First questions:

http://community.avid.com/forums/377.aspx

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.8.5 Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 13/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller