Latest post Thu, Jul 27 2017 3:54 PM by RalphC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 27 2017 2:48 PM

@Marianna, or any Avid employee who can help me with this issue

I have Pro Tools on a dongle and Media Composer on the internet online licensing system.  Is it possible to move Media Composer's licensing to the dongle I'm using for Pro Tools?

If so, how can we proceed?

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Jul 27 2017 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: @Marianna, or any Avid employee who can help me with this issue

Not an Avid employee, but still an answer:

Sorry, but no. The 'dongle' you are using for Pro Tools is an iLok. Media Composer can be dongled, but then you'd need to buy the specific MC dongle from Avid (I think that is 499 USD or so), and you will still need the iLok for PT (as well as for any iLok-ed audio plugins).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 27 2017 3:54 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: @Marianna, or any Avid employee who can help me with this issue

Job ter Burg:

Not an Avid employee, but still an answer:

Sorry, but no. The 'dongle' you are using for Pro Tools is an iLok. Media Composer can be dongled, but then you'd need to buy the specific MC dongle from Avid (I think that is 499 USD or so), and you will still need the iLok for PT (as well as for any iLok-ed audio plugins).

Thanks you Job :)

@mm2margaret I opened a support case 03254462 for you, so we can find out your best option.

Thanks, 

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller