Latest post Fri, Jul 14 2017 11:21 AM by stefanocps. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 11 2017 2:49 PM

basic color correction

Hello i am arrived at the part cof correcting my video

I would like to have some hint

when i enbter the color correction mode and apply some value avid create a track long all the timeline..so i need to cut it everytime according to the clips i am working on it

is there a way to have avid creating the track only for the clip i am working at?

i am using the y waveform and i see that the changement in it are applied only when i leave a control bar ...while i am moving it the waveform will not reflect that movement..is that normal?

last..is there a way to set to default vaue a parameter i am worling at?

thanks all

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 11 2017 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: basic color correction

one more thin

i notice that the monitor that should show the "NEXT" clip..is showing the nex only when i am at the first clip.

after that it show a clip that is somewhere in the middle..and will not change it

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 11 2017 3:01 PM In reply to

ok i see if i cut the grey track in corrispondance of each clip then when enetering color correction i ll have a track created just for that portion (see the red dot in the image) , allo the NEXT clip works correctly now

but now..do i have to make the cut all the timeline long manually?

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:18 AM In reply to

stefanocps:
    when i enbter the color correction mode and apply some value avid create a track long all the timeline..so i need to cut it everytime according to the clips i am working on it

is there a way to have avid creating the track only for the clip i am working at?

If you want the color correction to apply only to the clip you are color correcting, only turn on the video track with the clip on it. If you must have the color correction on a higher track, then you're going to have to add edits to the higher track.

stefanocps:
    i notice that the monitor that should show the "NEXT" clip..is showing the nex only when i am at the first clip.

It's working that way because you have only the highest track turned on, and there are no more clips on that track.

stefanocps:
    ok i see if i cut the grey track in corrispondance of each clip then when enetering color correction i ll have a track created just for that portion (see the red dot in the image) , allo the NEXT clip works correctly now

If you want your color correction to be on the top track, then you'll have to add edits like you are doing. If you only turned on the video track for the clip you are color correcting, both of these problems would be solved.

stefanocps:
    is there a way to set to default vaue a parameter i am worling at?

Default parameter for what?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 12:58 PM In reply to

sometimes after adjusting some parameters  i want to revert them to default value

paramenter like those for highlight, black and shadow and so on

also i ask again

the waveform don't respond to change while i am moving the slider (again for changing paramenters like black highlight, shadow..)..but it will show the change only when i stop moving the slider

is that normal?

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:37 PM In reply to

stefanocps:

the waveform don't respond to change while i am moving the slider (again for changing paramenters like black highlight, shadow..)..but it will show the change only when i stop moving the slider

is that normal?

Sorry, I missed that. Yes, that's normal.

stefanocps:

sometimes after adjusting some parameters  i want to revert them to default value

paramenter like those for highlight, black and shadow and so on

Not that I'm aware of. (I don't have a Symphony option machine to test with to see if Symphony is different.)

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:55 PM In reply to

ok i was thinkink to somehting like in premiere where a double click on the fx parameter will set it back to default

back to the cc, you think is not of use create an higher track for cc?

now with the same set i have in the pic posted above , with the higher track highlghted only if i try to cc i get an error

"only cc effect correction can be applied to filler"

why?

seem i am doing the same thing  was doing yesterday with no problem..

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 3:18 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,354
    • Points 16,645

stefanocps:

ok i was thinkink to somehting like in premiere where a double click on the fx parameter will set it back to default

If I'm understanding you correctly -- just remove the effect, then start correcting again.

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 3:30 PM In reply to

not a solution thoigh

sometimes i have worked let s say gain..ok, then gamma, then go to setup...i only want t bring the stuo to start point..i know that it is 0

but not all the parameter i knpw their defaul value

deleting the fx will wipe all not only the setup correction

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:08 PM In reply to

• Ken Lent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2007
    • California
    • Posts 121
    • Points 1,275

stefanocps:

with the higher track highlghted only if i try to cc i get an error

why?

In the upper left corner of Symphony's Color Correction window, there is a drop-down menu with choices such as Src Segment, Src Clip Name, Master Clip, . . . , and, at the bottom of that menu, CC Effect. All of these choices except for CC Effect are relational options that will apply your correction to multiple clips at once. Because you are applying your correction to a track but not directly to a clip, the relational choices are not applicable. Select CC Effect, and you should be okay.

On the other hand, you may want to consider applying a relational correction directly to a clip instead, because relational correction is a big part of the power of Symphony.

Core i7 930 PC 2.8GHz / 18GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64bit SP1 / nVidia Quadro K2200 (driver 375.86) / MC 8.8.5 (Symphony/PF/SS) / BCC AVX 10.0.2 / NewBlue Titler... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:11 PM In reply to

something is not clear to me

now i am applying the cc at clip directly

i have the track i want to work at highlighetd

some clips i can apply cc, all of a sudden a certain clip give me the error

can t really understand why...i have done just the same to the 2 previous clip (both on different tracks though)

• Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:13 PM In reply to

ok i see

what happen is that i have multiple track highlighted

it is ok untile some clips overlap on to other..then i get error

in this case i need to highlight only the track i work at

is a bit complicated like this..isnt 'it?

am i doing something wrong?

• Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:38 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,319
    • Points 17,060

I know you're trying to use the tools you have available, and nobody probably wants to spend more money if they don't have to, but I just purchased Baselight Edition, and it's pretty fantastic for color correcting within the timeline. Of particular note: it will automatically create edits at each event for you (when you put the correction on an upper layer), and even more importantly, the scopes properly adjust as you're moving the sliders. It's nearly impossible, I find, to use Avid's built-in tools, because the scopes don't change until you've released the controls (as you've discovered).

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:54 PM In reply to

conleec:

I know you're trying to use the tools you have available, and nobody probably wants to spend more money if they don't have to, but I just purchased Baselight Edition, and it's pretty fantastic for color correcting within the timeline. Of particular note: it will automatically create edits at each event for you (when you put the correction on an upper layer), and even more importantly, the scopes properly adjust as you're moving the sliders. It's nearly impossible, I find, to use Avid's built-in tools, because the scopes don't change until you've released the controls (as you've discovered).

Chris

i agree the edits that create automatically are really useful

but the most useful is that the scopes don t change until you release..that is really bad

it is a pity as apart of this seems quite powerfull tool

what is baselight edition, another software for cc?

is it a "plugin" that works still within media composer?

• Fri, Jul 14 2017 5:21 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,486
    • Points 64,375

smrpix:

stefanocps:

If I'm understanding you correctly -- just remove the effect, then start correcting again.

Not in front of a system to double check, but ALT-click should reset a parameter to the default.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller