Latest post Thu, Aug 24 2017 11:11 PM by Keith R. 51 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 4 2017 2:25 PM

Application Manager won't initialize

Hi Guys

I have installed the Avid MC First package includng the application manager and have rebooted, however the appliaction manager seems to stick on 'initialising' for a very long time and then hangs. is there something i can do to speed this up?

Cant seem to launch MC First without this.

regards

simon.

iMAC 3.2 GHz Intel i3 12gb 1333 MHz DDR3 MAC OS X Version 10.12.5 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536... [view my complete system specs]

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Tue, Jul 4 2017 2:59 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Application Manager won't initialize

Check firewall settings be sure to allow AppMan.

Allowing specific applications

To allow a specific app to receive incoming connections, add it using Firewall Options:

1. Open System Preferences.
    2. Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
    3. Select the Firewall tab.
    4. Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password.
    5. Click the Firewall Options button
    6. Click the Add Application (+) button.
    7. Select the app you want to allow incoming connection privileges for.
    8. Click Add.
    9. Click OK.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 4 2017 11:29 PM In reply to

Another possibility that worked for me is to Click on "Sign in" in the App Manager.
    I have had this a couple of times when trying to open MC | First on a Mac from the Dock soon after the Mac Start up.

• Wed, Jul 5 2017 2:23 PM In reply to

Hi ralph

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that and still no change from Initializing.

S

iMAC 3.2 GHz Intel i3 12gb 1333 MHz DDR3 MAC OS X Version 10.12.5 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536... [view my complete system specs]

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Wed, Jul 5 2017 2:24 PM In reply to

The sign in button is there but when clicked nothing happens. App Manager continues to Initialize.

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Thu, Jul 6 2017 2:22 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Let's try to reset AppMan.

1. Quit Application Manager from its menu-bar icon at the top of the screen. 

a. Go to MacHD > Applications >Utilites > and open 'Activity Monitor'. 

b. In the activity monitor interface, select the Process Name ‘AvidAppManHelper’ from the column on the left-hand side, Then click the ‘X’ button at the top left to quit the process. 

You should no longer have any ‘Avid Application Manager’ related processes in the ‘Process Name’ column of Activity Monitor. 

2. Delete the following folders:

HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Cache

HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Db

HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 6 2017 7:44 PM In reply to

Hi ralph

Firstly thanks for getting back again on this issue.

I have tried the procedure you layed out and unfortunitly the problem remains.

Very frustrating... the avid App manager is not something I would be happy with as a long time avid user (since 1995). I realise that the company has to protect itself from pirating and such but this does put you off.

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:29 PM In reply to

Hi there

I have the same issue. I;ve removed and installed MC First twice and followed RalphC's instructions - Apploication Manager just sits initialising..

Did you solve this, Simon...?

Thanks!

• Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:47 PM In reply to

Mr Carnelian:
    and followed RalphC's instructions -
    Have you followed BOTH of RalphC's suggestions?

The second one worked for me however at the same time I also uninstalled the Application Manager and MC | First.  Rebooted the computer and did a clean install of MC | First.

Do you have Pro Tools installed? I THINK opening the full version of Pro Tools (with an iLok connected) contributed to my originally working MC |First and App Manager reverting to MC \ First failing and requiring me to go to App Manager. The App manager then failing to initialise. 

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 12:35 AM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Good point Andrew, I just want to share my recent issue, I was on remote machine using VPN AppMan took forever to log in, I log out of the VPN and within minute it's fixed.

Thanks,

RalphC

• Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:24 AM In reply to

Am afraid I havent resolved this issue yet but am still working on it.

Mr Carnelian:

Hi there

I have the same issue. I;ve removed and installed MC First twice and followed RalphC's instructions - Apploication Manager just sits initialising..

Thanks!

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Sun, Jul 16 2017 11:54 PM In reply to

Still an issue

the Avid App Manager just does not want to connect tot eh servers.

My internet connection is fine (150mb broadband) and there doesnt seem to be any blocks on my machine.

s

Simon McGuire:

Am afraid I havent resolved this issue yet but am still working on it.

Mr Carnelian:

Hi there

Thanks!

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:29 AM In reply to

Hi there

I don't have ProTools installed. I have had the full version of Avid installed and have recently uninstalled it.

Still not working - just spins on initialising until it says 'this version of Avid can't be licensed by the application manager, please go to the store. I can confirm I only have Avid Media Composer First installed - not the one thta needs to be paid for...

LC

• Tue, Jul 25 2017 8:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

You are log into the AppMan when you run MC|First?

THanks,

RalphC

• Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:38 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 8 2012
    • Posts 282
    • Points 3,330

Hello Ralph

This directly relates to my issue ie;-  

Login required for Media Composer First

Please Quit and log into Avid Application Manager

Please Quit and Re-Launch Media Composer First

Re your post 07-05-2017 

Windows 10 Allow Apps and Features

Avid Application Manager 

Avid Hub Service

Avid Transport Client

All set to  "Public" to communicate with Windows Firewall 

The only specific application that won't pass Firewall is MCF apparently I am not familiar with where or how to set the specific application if that is the problem .... Application Manager won't initialize , Media Composer First won't launch ..

I have tried for two weeks to get this MCF to work ...

Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller