Latest post Wed, Jul 5 2017 3:45 PM by BobRusso. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 25 2017 11:20 AM

• jimmyt72
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 77
    • Points 855

Slow write speed ISIS 7500 Win 10 Myricom cards

Hi,

I am seeing some strange behavious on some Windows 10 clients Dual 10Gb connected (VLAN 10/VLAN 20 config) to a dual crate ISIS 7500. Running via Cisco 4900M switches. We have found that Win 7 Clients running Nexis client 7.4 can achieve comfortably around 200MB/Sec write speed in a High res client configuration. This is using an Intel X540 card. However, Windows 10 clients connected to the same switch via the Myricom cards achive good read speed, but write speeds of approximately 40MB/Sec. Not what I am expecting! Have tried Nexis 7.4, 7.6 and ISIS 4.7.11 clients. No change. Both Dell 7910 clients and HP Z420 workstations show the same behaviour. I am suspecting the Myricom cards, but just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar?

Regards,

James

• Mon, Jun 26 2017 1:24 PM In reply to

Re: Slow write speed ISIS 7500 Win 10 Myricom cards

What version of the Myricom driver are you using? Ensure that Jumbo Frames is turned off.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Jun 28 2017 10:35 AM In reply to

• jimmyt72
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 77
    • Points 855

We are using the driver supplied with the ISIS/NEXIS client. We were chasing an issue we were (are) having with Premiere, with slow rendering speeds as well as slow AAF export when connected to ISIS. Not sure if is an Adobe bug or not... We noted slow Windows Explorer copy speed, but no such issues on Mac. We gave up on Windows Explorer and loaded Teracopy on the Windows clients and we now get blazing fast copy speeds for large files. So, system is fine, just Windows Explorer does not play well with ISIS/Nexis.

• Wed, Jul 5 2017 3:45 PM In reply to

Windows Explorer has very small inefficient I/O which causes poor read/write to/ from a Workspace. We have done a great deal to improve this but as you've seen using Terracopy is a much better choice.

Adobe fixed a similar with very small inefficient I/O with the Media Browser in Premiere 11.1 that was causing slow reads from a workspace. This doesn't sound like that issue you're facing.

I recommend using the NEXIS 7.6 client. I suspect Jumbo Frames is turned on in the driver.

Have you run the Profiler?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller