Latest post Thu, Feb 8 2018 5:52 AM by Leo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 23 2017 9:25 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 811
    • Points 10,750

Audio Metadata Track Location Changed On Import

Hi, I am have imported .wav files into Media Composer.  According to the sound recordist, they are polywav format. When I import them as Wav files, the imports list that the CHARACTER is on track 7 and the BOOM mic is recorded on Track 8.  However, when I AMA link the same files, Tracks 7 & 8 are empty and the CHARACTER is listed as being on track 3 and the BOOM mic is listed as being on track 4 instead.  Does anyone know what has caused this shift?

NEW NOTE: Interestingly, I checked the Sound recordist's .CSV spreadsheet and the Character and Boom are supposed to be on tracks 7&8.  So, I guess now, I'm just wondering why there's a discrepency between the AMA-linked and imported files.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Feb 8 2018 5:52 AM In reply to

• Leo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 14 2011
    • Berlin
    • Posts 38
    • Points 360

Re: Audio Metadata Track Location Changed On Import

Hi there,

I wonder if there is any way to show this method directly in the track names in the timeline.

our sound guy also puts the metadata like this in the WAVs: TRK 11: BOOM TRK 12: MIX PRO...

but sometimes the WAV has only 7 instead of 12 tracks because he is not recording some microphones. ... 

os there any way that Avid keeps creating sound master files with 12 tracks and assigning the metadata to the same track number ?

all the best

leo

2017 iMac i7 24GB RAM 8GB Radeon 580. OSX Mojave. 2011 MBP i7 16GB RAM AMD HD 6750M 1GB Video. OSX 10.11.5 Avid MC 8.8.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller