Latest post Sat, Jun 24 2017 6:07 PM by LoneStarHawkeye. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 20 2017 2:48 PM

Potential VFX Export Info?

I was wondering does anyone know if it is possible to have footage in your "project master" timeline with your projects correct timecode and etc, but then move some of that footage to a different sequence, but reference the "project master" timeline's timecode. That way when I send them a quicktime to reference it isn't say 30 sec of black and then picture and then 10 min of black (and etc). I trying to figure out how I would send info to a small vfx place, but minimize the amount of space for a quicktime they will be referencing that would match my timecode.

I'm quite sure what I've typed is incredibly long winded and probably won't get across exactly what I hope to do, but here is to hoping someone might have an idea.

Mac Pro 2009 Nehalem Eight Core 2.93 GHz * Media Composer 8.6.1 * Pro Tools 10.3.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2017 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: Potential VFX Export Info?

If you create a sub sequence of the area to be worked on that subsequence will have the timecode from the original sequence.

Export that and you have a file with that start timecode.

When you get the new content back, as long as they have kept the timecode, you can AMA link and cut into the old timeline.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:05 AM In reply to

Oh that's great news, I will be going that route then for sure as I can then export the QT with a TC layer for them and it will be small, awesome.

Thanks for the reply

Mac Pro 2009 Nehalem Eight Core 2.93 GHz * Media Composer 8.6.1 * Pro Tools 10.3.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:14 AM In reply to

Just make sure with some tests first. As always ;-)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Jun 24 2017 6:07 PM In reply to

I did one test so far and they tell me that it should be just fine, so looks like this will work quite well.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller